Thoughts/Reviews on EIC2 (Essential Intrument Collection 2)?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
infiniteB

Thoughts/Reviews on EIC2 (Essential Intrument Collection 2)?

Post by infiniteB » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:08 pm

What are your Thoughts/Reviews on EIC2 (Essential Intrument Collection 2)? As a whole? Individual instruments/sounds?

infiniteB

Post by infiniteB » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:51 pm

anyone?

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:20 pm

I think it's a good addition to Live when you need sampled instruments. With Sampler you can tweak and tailor the sound to your needs.
Grand Piano is not exceptional tough, being Truepiano my favorite but good enough for chords background and some riffs. Fast passages can suffer from HDD slowdowns that's why I do not like sampled instruments a lot. At 99 Euros you get what you paid for. I found it in the box (Suite Box here) and I have used Piano, Upright Bass, Strings & Choir with satisfaction.
With EIC you get a taste of Session Drums that when you do not need all the variants included with Session Drums you can use with big satisfaction. I think that's a very good addition.
Woodwinds are standard and no trumpet. I have thus bought Trumpets from sonivox in SF format and imported it in Sampler. They complete the sonic range very good.

- Best
- Pasha
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers