Ableton Live User Group BERLIN !!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SubFunk

Re: Ableton Live User Group BERLIN !!!

Post by SubFunk » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:41 pm

SubFunk wrote:hi all,

a little reminder, the next ALUGB meeting, with open stage and a space for interchange of tips and tricks on 'workshop' basis
will take place, wednesday 7th of october, 19h @ farbfernseher, skalitzer str. 114 (near u-bahn goerlitzer bahnhof)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 16&iwloc=A

if you want to perform at the open stage please be so kind and drop a short mail before, even i do not 'fix' a running order beforehand, it makes my life easier to organize things, THANKS! e-mail: catrax[at]gmail[dot]com

the ALUGB meeting is in the first place a 'get together' for music lovers and like minded people, we are there to interchange tips and tricks and learn from each other the indeepth use of ableton live, this time we have a designated second room with power outlets to create a little workshop corner for a face to face interchange, so bring your laptop!

p.s. little note on the side, if any of you want to check the location beforehand, be aware that it is usually only open thu-sat,
wednesday the 7th is especially open for us! so you can bring your friends, too :)
Bump for Wednesday,

and remember to try to come as early as possible if you like to play.

looking forward,
cheers
axel
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:43 am

tomorrow, peeps!

EDIT:

and anyone of the locals going to the netaudio festival @ maria this thu-fri-sat ???

if yes, wanna meet up there? (i probably only go thursday, thou... )

http://www.netaudioberlin.de/
*** Image GAFM ***

8O

Post by 8O » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:20 pm

SubFunk wrote:hi all,

a little reminder, the next ALUGB meeting, with open stage and a space for interchange of tips and tricks on 'workshop' basis
will take place, wednesday 7th of october, 19h @ farbfernseher, skalitzer str. 114 (near u-bahn goerlitzer bahnhof)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 16&iwloc=A

if you want to perform at the open stage please be so kind and drop a short mail before, even i do not 'fix' a running order beforehand, it makes my life easier to organize things, THANKS! e-mail: catrax[at]gmail[dot]com

the ALUGB meeting is in the first place a 'get together' for music lovers and like minded people, we are there to interchange tips and tricks and learn from each other the indeepth use of ableton live, this time we have a designated second room with power outlets to create a little workshop corner for a face to face interchange, so bring your laptop!

looking forward to see you all again.

cheers
axel

p.s. little note on the side, if any of you want to check the location beforehand, be aware that it is usually only open thu-sat,
wednesday the 7th is especially open for us! so you can bring your friends, too :)
Bump for tonight... see you there very soon!

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:23 pm

leaving the house myself in 10 minutes. 8)
see you soon!
It's gonna be a lot of good homegrown music tonight. :)
*** Image GAFM ***

wayfinder

Post by wayfinder » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:14 pm

fun. 8)

8O

Post by 8O » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:14 am

Great meet-up folks - that controller thing was a bit crazy... anyone any photos of it? Nice diverse music too. Great stuff! 8)

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:11 am

wow, what a great evening again... you guys keep on making it better and better every time.

and yes so beautiful diverse music and some real new and young talent... :D

that huge multitouch controller is crazy, i mean this guy developed and built it completely on his own in his spare time... 8O

i have some low quality pics and going to upload a few and post them... and i can tell you already that next time another bunch of real geniuses will present another form of selfmade controller based on light and apparently reflecting the music, type of control, etc. visually on top of it... (when one of them tried to explain to me how it works and what it is actually capable of, my head nearly exploded...)

ok, uploading now, pics coming in a short time...

EDIT: here we go... Pics (sorry for the lame quality)

meabh & dave from 'your only massive' (they did a crowd recording live and implemented it into one of there songs on the fly...)

HiEnergy playing a wonderful ambient set!

and here we go... a completely self designed and developed and built multitouch controller here in berlin
(no, it's not like the others (lemur, etc.), it is apparently based on a completely different technology then all the other existing ones...
for more details visit: http://www.hi-pi.de/play/.

that thing was truly amazing (at least to me and the definitely only controller i have seen so far in action that really convinced me a 100%!)

keep it coming, the next one is already in the making... it will be most probably only one more this year a little X-Mas special!, due to my lack of time over the next 1 1/2 month...

stay tuned and thanks again to absolute everyone to make those meetings such a pleasure.

axel
Last edited by SubFunk on Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
*** Image GAFM ***

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:35 am

very cool as usual.
KnobCloud - marketplace for audio software

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:37 am

another remark:

i really enjoyed as well that there was one guy showing how incredible you can integrate maschine and ableton and use maschine either as a fantastic control surface (i will get in touch with him and start a thread, he can supply a knowledge base of possibilities that probably none of you maschine users are aware of yet) only or in a 'mixed mode' they apparently work on software updates that will allow an even better maschine integration as an control surface for ableton, that was very appealing, as i like maschine as a standalone product as well. (to me more tempting to get my hands on then an APC 40 for example)
*** Image GAFM ***

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:42 am

SubFunk wrote:another remark:

i really enjoyed as well that there was one guy showing how incredible you can integrate maschine and ableton and use maschine either as a fantastic control surface (i will get in touch with him and start a thread, he can supply a knowledge base of possibilities that probably none of you maschine users are aware of yet) only or in a 'mixed mode' they apparently work on software updates that will allow an even better maschine integration as an control surface for ableton, that was very appealing, as i like maschine as a standalone product as well. (to me more tempting to get my hands on then an APC 40 for example)
flo?

bestest,

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:53 am

^^^ sorry, i don't understand 'flo?'

what do you mean?, if the guys name is flo? no it's not.
*** Image GAFM ***

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:09 pm

SubFunk wrote:^^^ sorry, i don't understand 'flo?'

what do you mean?, if the guys name is flo? no it's not.
oh, okay!
the text reminded me of a certain `flo`.
but then he probably isnt it.

even the shitty fotos look great, damn, that sure was a great night,

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:35 pm

Netaudio festival anyone? tonight @ maria
*** Image GAFM ***

8O

Post by 8O » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:53 pm

SubFunk wrote:Netaudio festival anyone? tonight @ maria
Sorry, am at Kings of Convenience tonight! :D

düSlair

Post by düSlair » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:14 pm

SubFunk wrote:another remark:

wow this isounds very intressting to me, since i use maschine too.
please tell me about this thread as soon as it exists!

i enjoyed the ableton meeting too!!

cheers