Audio pops and clicks when creating new loops.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kb420

Audio pops and clicks when creating new loops.

Post by kb420 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:36 am

I wanted to make a 1 bar drum loop out of just the first 2 beats of a drum loop. So I brought it into the arrangement and shortened the original loop to half a bar, and then copy and pasted it to itself. I used the new crossfade function to make sure there was no pops or clicks. I then consolidated the two clips to make one new clip, and thats where the problems start. The new audio clip will pop and click occasionally for no reason at all.

I am using a q6600 clocked at 3 ghz, and a Yamaha Motif Es with Mlan as my audio card.

If you take the original clip and place it in an audio track in the Session View, and then place the new clip right underneath of it in the same track, start the sequencer and flip back and forth between the two clips, you will get clipping like crazy.

I don't understand.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

myxomat0515

Re: Audio pops and clicks when creating new loops.

Post by myxomat0515 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:37 am

I've noticed this problem in a couple of my recent sets (since I've been using Live 8 ). After trimming some audio clips and then creating a sequence using the Launch settings, I'm getting some pops and clicks at the start/end of each clip. I don't think its a matter of processing power, cuz it'll happen even with only a couple tracks running.

kb420

Re: Audio pops and clicks when creating new loops.

Post by kb420 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:57 am

Thanks for the reply. I never had this problem in 7. This has to be something new. It's definitely an 8 bug!!!!!

Oh well, I guess some of this is to be expected considering this is the initial release. Can't wait 'til they fix all of the bugs.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-