Not so fast, Apple.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
LoopStationZebra

Not so fast, Apple.

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 pm

lol.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/01/06/ces. ... index.html

I'm sure all of you Apple hating twats are beside yourselves.

:P
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Gab

Re: Not so fast, Apple.

Post by Gab » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:44 pm

When must the CES take place? I'm tired of all this speculation bulls*** — sorry.

And I hope Apple will finally release this ******** tablet, or we'll have to hear again for months "the rumored upcoming Apple tablet blahblahblah".

Sorry, end of the rant. I'm back to music.
'If they act too hip, you know they can’t play shit.'

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:47 pm

all this talk of a tablet from apple with touch screen like an i-phone, running i phone apps. just makes me think back to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-I_MJFlZbs

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:57 pm

ces is running now so the microsoft announcement should be in those days. apple maybe later.

i find it funny how "microsoft tries to me-too apple" in the media, while apple NEVER announced anything, but microsoft did long ago with the courier series, and it will now most likely announce the courier BEFORE apple. media is awesome at mixing everything up.. :)

and we all know bill gates loved tablet solutions since before apple even thought about creating a music device.
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

cacti

Post by cacti » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:57 pm

who the fuck cares which one comes out first. ill be purchasing the better one. the mac.

8O

Post by 8O » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:57 pm

darkcatt

Post by darkcatt » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:40 pm

wow!

Does Ableton even support tablet functionality yet?
Computer games don't effect kids... If Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music
http://www.reverbnation.com/blackcatcrossing
http://theblackcatcrossing.com/

kramerica

Post by kramerica » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:51 pm

Microsoft is probably talking about this, the Microsoft Courier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmIgNfp-MdI

I've really never been more excited about a Microsoft product, with the exception of the Xbox and 360. I think they could be a real contender with this dual screen tablet, particularly because, like Apple, they would be the manufacturer of the hardware and the software.

But as an Apple fanboy, I'd have to wait and see both side by side before making a decision. As of now, I don't see anything replacing or adding to my MBPro and iPhone. EXCEPT...if the rumors are true and Apple has truly incorporated 3D multitouch technology into their new iSlate (or whatever). Patents have been filed! http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/te ... et_3d.html
\,, / (^_^) \,,? /

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Either way it just a wee gimmick for all of you people with jobs to spend your money.
What benifit is a touch screen, less powerfull, small computer going to be to you?

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:37 am

wtf is it about touching a screen, you guys kill me you better start touching some strings, drumsticks, and vinyl. or is it everybodys dream to be a fuckin window washer or what :lol:

ejectorset

Post by ejectorset » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:46 am

funky shit wrote:Either way it just a wee gimmick for all of you people with jobs to spend your money.
What benifit is a touch screen, less powerfull, small computer going to be to you?
I use my iphone to do lemur jazzmutant multi-touch style control of ableton using touchOSC. Wirelessly from across the studio. Imagine the same thing on a bigger (~8" - 10") like the speculated sizes for whatever Apple is cooking up and you should get the idea.

Based on the innovative music apps some people have been creating for the iPhone (synth pond, curtis, etc.) with double the screen size and processor power/ram as long as it has a headphone jack you are talking having a really sweet portable music making device that can do what the monome and lemur already do, plus a lot of cool stuff there is no platform for yet.

Microsoft and HP are of no interest to me.
13" 2.0 gHz core 2 duo macbook, live 6, korg poly 800 (w/ moog slayer mod), roland rs-09, rhodes mark 1A stage piano, mattel synsonics analog drum machine

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:04 am

ejectorset wrote:
funky shit wrote:Either way it just a wee gimmick for all of you people with jobs to spend your money.
I use my iphone to do lemur jazzmutant multi-touch style control of ableton using touchOSC. Wirelessly from across the studio. Imagine the same thing on a bigger (~8" - 10") like the speculated sizes for whatever Apple is cooking up and you should get the idea.

Based on the innovative music apps some people have been creating for the iPhone (synth pond, curtis, etc.) with double the screen size and processor power/ram as long as it has a headphone jack you are talking having a really sweet portable music making device that can do what the monome and lemur already do, plus a lot of cool stuff there is no platform for yet.

Microsoft and HP are of no interest to me.
we've almost got the same set up :lol: , I just got the Rs-09 and I love it how do you like yours, we've got the same puter, and same synsonic drums as well and I was on live 6 until a week ago, but my rhodes is the nord electro

Cool Character

Post by Cool Character » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:10 am

forum full of macfans
surprise that people are jizzing themselves over mostly useless features
I dunno. It seems pretty typical to me.

ejectorset

Post by ejectorset » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:18 am

starving student,

I need to update my profile, I don't get on here often anymore. I was much more active in the Live 4 days.

Anyways, I LOVED/sold my RS-09. I use to have a Nord Lead rack. Still have the synsonics, mine is in mint condition, I even have the box and manual. Picked it up on Ebay one year for like $10 !

Back to the RS-09 I loved it! I really wish I hadn't had to sell it, and will definitely try to track down another sometime. I loved that you could set the vibrato rate and depth pretty low and turn the delay all the way up for that tape wow/flutter/boards of canada type sound. Oh and the tune knob and the built in dirty dirty lofi sounding chorus. I have my friends Moog Little Phatty over at my house right now and can't quite get sounds that I loved and were so easy on the RS-09. It isn't the most versatile synth, but the RS-09 sure has character.

I do have a Korg Poly-800 with Moog-Slayer Mod that helps fill the void.
13" 2.0 gHz core 2 duo macbook, live 6, korg poly 800 (w/ moog slayer mod), roland rs-09, rhodes mark 1A stage piano, mattel synsonics analog drum machine

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:37 am

ejectorset wrote:starving student,

I need to update my profile, I don't get on here often anymore. I was much more active in the Live 4 days.

Anyways, I LOVED/sold my RS-09. I use to have a Nord Lead rack. Still have the synsonics, mine is in mint condition, I even have the box and manual. Picked it up on Ebay one year for like $10 !

Back to the RS-09 I loved it! I really wish I hadn't had to sell it, and will definitely try to track down another sometime. I loved that you could set the vibrato rate and depth pretty low and turn the delay all the way up for that tape wow/flutter/boards of canada type sound. Oh and the tune knob and the built in dirty dirty lofi sounding chorus. I have my friends Moog Little Phatty over at my house right now and can't quite get sounds that I loved and were so easy on the RS-09. It isn't the most versatile synth, but the RS-09 sure has character.

I do have a Korg Poly-800 with Moog-Slayer Mod that helps fill the void.
I noticed that, you been two timing the live forum :mrgreen: , I just got the rs-09 a little over a week ago and I'm so happy with it, I love sampling this thing and running anything through the inputs, I only wish it had midi. it just sounds good no matter what