Fav Reaktor Ensembles

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jekblad

Fav Reaktor Ensembles

Post by Jekblad » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:41 am

I've dug through the user library and it's pretty cool. There isn't a lot of info for the user devices, and some can be great and some are just a waste of time, so i thought some seasoned reaktor users could mention their favorite finds from the library.

I found this string synth emu "Eminent-V 310 Strings Ensemble v1.0.ens" which i love.

Also "nord.ens" is sweet.

Nice little instruments when you toss em in live!
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

Silverfish

Re: Fav Reaktor Ensembles

Post by Silverfish » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:27 am

I feel like I'm giving away a secret....

Deadbeats. 8O

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:09 am

I look forward to revisiting this thread because I just blew the dust off Reaktor and it's cool but I'm so noob with it.

My only complaint about it for the moment is what the fuck is that multi-option/folder save pop up that happens every time I drag it into a set? No other plug-in asks me for this crap. It just saves the sound with the song and if I want to save the preset then I do so manually. I have no idea what Reaktor is asking me for and how it may affect things with more use.

mode:masters

Post by mode:masters » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:22 am

Reaktor is asking you for a location to save the settings for the current ensemble you are using. If you specify the same directory as the one you loaded it from you may overwrite the factory ensembles. This allows you to keep your ensemble settings without losing the originals.

I agree it can be painful but it is kinda necessary.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:48 am

Since 2005 when I first got into it... most of the ones in Electronic Instruments 2... Limelite, Akkord, Photone, and Metaphysical Function.
More recently the Spiral sequencer. Hook that baby up with Battery and you get this...
Samba da Lama
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:56 am

mode:masters wrote:Reaktor is asking you for a location to save the settings for the current ensemble you are using. If you specify the same directory as the one you loaded it from you may overwrite the factory ensembles. This allows you to keep your ensemble settings without losing the originals.

How is that necessary? Every other plug-in I use saves the settings I make with the song I'm working on. They don't automatically overwrite the original. Reaktor's method sounds like a quick and easy way to fuck up presets that you might want to use in other songs.

thracks

Post by thracks » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:04 am

Search for everything by.....

Stephen V.
ZooTook
Jonathan Style

Some of my personal favorites.
MacBook Pro 13" | OS 10.6.8 | DP 7.2 | Live 8.2.5 | APC 40 | NI Audio 2 DJ | Reason 5 | Record 1.5

aizo

Post by aizo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:04 am

Junatik

not my favorite but I use it all the time so it damn well should be....
ImageImage

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:08 am

I really like and use the "3X" synth from the user library. Of the factory/EI2 stuff, limelite is wonderful and photone is beautiful.

I hear spacemaster or whatever it's called is a great reverb. need to try it out! too much stuff in there, seriously...

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

jeskola01

Post by jeskola01 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:35 am

stunning for atmospheres and vocals - GrainSynth v1
http://co.native-instruments.com/index. ... atchid=739

For the nastiest basslines around - wobble synth
http://co.native-instruments.com/index. ... tchid=8837

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:34 am

mholloway wrote:I really like and use the "3X" synth from the user library. Of the factory/EI2 stuff, limelite is wonderful and photone is beautiful.

I hear spacemaster or whatever it's called is a great reverb. need to try it out! too much stuff in there, seriously...

-M
+1 for the 3X synth. It has a big brother too, but the .ens was a seperate purchase on his site a few years ago. That was a beast of a synth.

chaibuka

Post by chaibuka » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:13 am

here's a link to a reactor thread over at kvr

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1b297fd3a3

Poster

Post by Poster » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:30 pm

beats me wrote:
mode:masters wrote:Reaktor is asking you for a location to save the settings for the current ensemble you are using. If you specify the same directory as the one you loaded it from you may overwrite the factory ensembles. This allows you to keep your ensemble settings without losing the originals.

How is that necessary? Every other plug-in I use saves the settings I make with the song I'm working on. They don't automatically overwrite the original. Reaktor's method sounds like a quick and easy way to fuck up presets that you might want to use in other songs.
but every other plugin does not allow for modifying its guts..
so there can be difference with presets but also with different inside routing..
thats why its useful to save copies..

what I do is to automatically save an instance of used .ens inside the Live project folder..
this way I know I can modify at heart without having to worry about ruining the original versions..
and you also keep things together and organized within the Live project folder..

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Do a search in the user library for "CHA-OSC", It's the basic synth behind the reaktor spark kore pack.
Get the pads snaps as well, some fabulous sounding patches.

necho

Post by necho » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:52 pm

I don't own Reaktor any more, but my favourite ensembles were ALL the ones based on granular resynthesis. Yep - ALL of them... particularly the Florian Erdle White Grains, Orange Grains etc... ones. And Limelite, of course. And Stefan V's stuff. Too many to mention, really...
_________
sigs suck.