MASCHINE MIKRO!!!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djadonis206

Re: MASCHINE MIKRO!!!!!!

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:14 pm

WTF - I just ordered the big maschine last week, expected to arrive this week. Of course this happens right.

LOL!
Ableton | Elektron

Music

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:28 pm

djadonis206 wrote:WTF - I just ordered the big maschine last week, expected to arrive this week. Of course this happens right.

LOL!
with maschines main supadupa feature being the hardware functionality itself for your first one I think you definitely got the right one
the mikro might be nice for being even smaller but there's no way it's as fun to use as the original. look at that jeremy ellis clip, he's a genius and all that but he looks like he lost his mind :lol:

bonomius

Post by bonomius » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:10 pm

for a kore 2 + komplete 7 owner like me i wished this little machine had a lot of knobs!

distaudio

Post by distaudio » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:45 pm

bonomius wrote:for a kore 2 + komplete 7 owner like me i wished this little machine had a lot of knobs!
I don't get it. The discontinue Kore 2 and put out a cut down version of Maschine!?

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:35 pm

starving student wrote:they should have added some faders and a crossfader, as it stands i'm not sure about this one, I'd surely get it for $200 bucks but at the price it is mmmm, maschine is already small and light. oh fuck it who am I kidding somebody let me know when it's on craigslist, I'm dreamin about a macbook air, launchpad and mikro maschine now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKn6h2x5IcY
you've got vision..// 8)

Nick Shepherd

Post by Nick Shepherd » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:32 pm

Tarekith wrote:Interesting. Have to admit Maschine isn't one of those things I look at and think "it's cool, but its kind of big"
exactly my thoughts :)

Maschine´s size was never a issue for me - on the contrary, i really like its footprint and the amount of controls - it fits perfectly in my backpack together with my mbp & audiointerface and i never had trouble setting it up anywhere i played.

But i like that NI is pushing the Maschine concept in different directions - horses for courses like with every piece of gear, i guess... cant be a bad thing to get more choices...

not sure about the iMaschine thingy but lets wait and see - it me be cooler then i expect it to be ^^

rosti

Post by rosti » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:12 pm

3dot... wrote:I wonder.. why does NI offer to cross-grade Maschine -> Komplete ..
but not the other way around ?
:|
+1

I'm saving for maschine + komplete. I was going to get komplete first, but it seems that i have to do it all backwards.. Annoying.

Oh. to the topic: Maschine mikro WTF? It dont seem THAT much smaller than the real thing.. And the lack of knobs... They should make Maschine XL instead.

MFRedoom

Post by MFRedoom » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:53 pm

I recently got enough cash together to get a maschine but then I see this and I am not sure weather or not to get the full size or the mikro.

I would imagine that they wouldn't take away any of the functionality but hard to to tell from the videos that are out.

JR

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:59 pm

MFRedoom wrote:I recently got enough cash together to get a maschine but then I see this and I am not sure weather or not to get the full size or the mikro.

I would imagine that they wouldn't take away any of the functionality but hard to to tell from the videos that are out.

JR
another thing puzzles me..
supposedly you'd think that a device with no knobs will benefit more from a MIDI input..
(oh I guess you can use any controller to control the software directly ..)

smells like a "gateway drug" to me..

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:00 pm

I think this is a great time to be a music noob but for me NI has a little too much going on and it’s a little overwhelming with Komplete 8 and multiple Maschine versions. It’s a big investment that also makes you feel like if you aren’t all in then you aren’t getting a lot of bang for your buck.

I have one of those $30 vouchers but after looking at the price of some of the individual libraries I might be interested in it seems like it would be more cost effective to just do the Komplete 8 upgrade, but I’m not quite ready for the vastness of that. :x

Mixikyr

Post by Mixikyr » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Deleted post.
Last edited by Mixikyr on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

razorblade

Post by razorblade » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:29 pm

So...I just downloaded and installed Maschine 1.7 and the updates for Reaktor, Massive, Fm8 and Absynth....
It's all integrated, and I got all the soundpack updates for free...Thought I was going to need to upgrade to 8 for any of that.
But no...It was all there for FREE!!!!

Thank you! Awesome stuff!
No...I am 3phase!

23kon

Post by 23kon » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:51 pm

Some folk mightve seen the thread I had started about maschine vs other pad controllers a while back.
I ended up getting a MPD32 and just use it with ableton.
I thought that the Maschine didn't have enough hands on tweakable knobs for tweaking all at once.

I'd actually be tempted to get the Mikro.
A scene/clip controller/drum pads and couple it with the Novation nocturn i've got would make an excellent extremely portable setup. Or maybe even invest in a Livid Instruments Code. would be a killer portable setup!

I'd love to see Novation coming out with a Nocturn that had more than 8 knobs.
Even if it was just 3 or 4 rows of those knobs - It'd be a PERFECT tweakable controller and I think would sell rediculously well. I do like their Automap software as it allows you to SEE what all your assigned knobs are onscreen without having to put stickers on your hardware or make different overlays for different songs and sets.

23kon

Post by 23kon » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:08 pm

The imaschine seems like a pretty cool sketchpad for musicmaking.
I'd like to see them release an app that was effectively Maschine but for iPad.

One of the things that puts me off Maschine is that it's a controller with pads that light up.
You either have to remember what these pads are in your head - which could get a lot to know if you have a lot of tunes - or you have to check the screen to see what everything is.

This is why I like using Ableton with Touch-Able for iPad as you can see on the controller (ipad) what clips are what because they can be named.

On devices like Maschine and MPD's its just rubber pads (with or without lights).

I realise that NI would lose out on the money that they make on the hardware if they brought out an app, but I for one would be willing to pay a bit more than a few quid for an app that did the same as Maschine or even the Mikro but allowed the names to be shown on the pads to instantly see what they are.

If NI don't release something like this themselves to power the maschine software, I wonder if this is something that app developers might consider creating?

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:00 am

23kon wrote:I'd actually be tempted to get the Mikro.
A scene/clip controller/drum pads and couple it with the Novation nocturn i've got would make an excellent extremely portable setup. Or maybe even invest in a Livid Instruments Code. would be a killer portable setup!
I'd recommend getting the big brother Maschine. Coupling Maschine Mikro with a Nocturn is not going to be as seamless an integration.
23kon wrote:One of the things that puts me off Maschine is that it's a controller with pads that light up.
You either have to remember what these pads are in your head - which could get a lot to know if you have a lot of tunes - or you have to check the screen to see what everything is.
You're not realizing that Maschine has two LCD displays directly on the hardware itself that does show you what everything is. People aren't making it up when they say that you really can use it like it was self-contained hardware without looking at the computer screen or touching the mouse/trackpad.