sucky producer timberland steals music

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TITBAG

Post by TITBAG » Sat May 26, 2007 2:42 am

funknotik wrote:
leisuremuffin wrote:
funknotik wrote:
I guess its just my opinion, I just want to make it clear that I believe there is little to no skill involved in his music production. It is also deplorable that he would blatantly bite someone elses music, shows how little he understands sampling and how its properly done. As for how much money he makes, I'm not conscerned alot of people make shitty music and make alot of money (everyone on MTV). This does not mean that there music is of good quality or that it is skillfully created.

just a quick question:

do you believe their is skill in any hip-hop or r&b production?

if you don't, i can understand you not getting timbaland. An interesting thing to mention here is that for the most part, timbaland's shit is sample free. He fucked up this time and stole a little known song and used the whole fucking thing. Yes, that is deplorable behavior.....

2) there is a shitload of great music out there that is based on stolen property.

How many people are going to shit all over the classic "white lines"? (stolen from a little known band at the time, liquid liquid. Of course everybody knows that now, but at the time, very similar situation.)

How many people are going to shit all over madlib? You don't think he seriously pays to clear all of those samples in his shit, do you? If he is, they're not mentioned in the liner notes.... at least not all of them, not by a long shot.

or a bazillion other producers who do the same shit and don't get caught. Or fucking superstar DJ's who get paid out the ass just to play other people's tracks, do they pay those people beyond buying the record one time?

HHHHMMMMMMmmmmmmmm....

In the end, i'll bet you anything that the guy who did acid jazzed evening will get a lot out of this. Money and some otherwise unattainable recognition.

whatever.

.lm.
I do believe there is skill in hip hop production, I'm a fan of Madlib, dj shadow, rjd2, and numerous other skilled producers. All the more reason I believe Timbaland's music is horrible. I know alot of it if not sampled most of his music is made on a keyboard, he bashes his head against it and then does the crappy little beatbox featured on most of his music. Shortly after a million dollars are deposited in his account and he is featured on the cover of shit music magazine, where he is heralded as the second cumming of christ. As you can see I really dont like his music!! But in the end I guess its up to personal opinion.

As for madlib, He does sample alot but i believe he plays some of the music on his records. He is known for playing drums and upright bass on his work with yesterdays new quintet (his jazz band).

As for Rnb, no there is no skill in that! LOL! Im actually not that conscerned with his ripping someone elses music, I just took the opportunity to voice my opinion on Timbalands' music, which again for the record is wack.
i have registered purely to let you know how much of a cunt you are

lesterdiamond

Post by lesterdiamond » Sat May 26, 2007 3:19 am

don't care about this either way anymore. shit happens all the time
Last edited by lesterdiamond on Mon May 28, 2007 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lesterdiamond

Post by lesterdiamond » Sat May 26, 2007 3:38 am

b0unce wrote: Image

kb420

Post by kb420 » Mon May 28, 2007 2:05 pm

I just read this thread, and I really have the feeling that this whole thing didn't go down like a lot of people think it did.

Did Timbaland (bite) steal most of the guys song?

Hell yeah!!!! No doubt about it.

He admits he sampled it, and after listening to clips of the original song, there is no doubt that he sampled a lot of it.

So why all the online drama?

That's the burning question in my mind. If someone samples your music and uses it, and makes millions with it, THAT'S NO BIG DEAL ANYMORE!!!! This isn't the first time that this has happened. Any judge in his right mind would rule in favor of the sampled artist (whatever his name is), so in other words, you will definitely get your money. So you go to court and get paid.

So once again, why all the online drama?

I truly believe, that this guy that Timbaland sampled doesn't have his paperwork in order. He knows it, so he's crying the blues to anyone who will listen, because he knows that he can't get paid. His copyrights, or something just ain't right.

At this point, Timbaland is getting blasted online and everywhere else for stealing this guys music. He has lawyers working on the legal aspects of the situation right now which he also admitted. He has plenty of money to spend on lawyers. If this guys paperwork isn't in order, and Timbaland's lawyers know it, then they have most likely told him that he doesn't have to pay anyone anything. Otherwise, it would have probably been taken care of by now.

Let's all be honest for one minute. If you did something illegal, got caught for it, and found guilty, would you do still choose to do the time if for some technicality you were let off the hook?

Stop playin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Mon May 28, 2007 2:42 pm

There was a Timbaland special, 2 hours ago on German TV.
I didnt even know that he made some absolutely classic stuff like Tweets Ooops and Genuines Pony, and lots of other brilliant songs.
However I dont feel so about anything outside the genre, his Bjork thing was well done but nothing brilliant, anyway the video/animations definitely stealing the show.
Then the Justin, Nelly and Timbas trio is absolutely pathetic.
I don't know why anyone would sample that finnish thing in the first place and I suppose neither Timbaland knows, he simply step into shit.. While he is in his element doing hiphop, r&b etc, he is weak with pop, punk, rock or whatever.
So faced with difficulties to get the job done, did what most people do while having that kind of problem- screening for samples, ideas etc.
Timba needs a reality check, why a hell he cannot apologize and pay, even if the original "composer" has no clear paperwork, why not cutting it short, end the stupid drama. Maybe it is a midlife crisis, next we will see him playing ice hockey or dance samba dressed as a carioca..

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Mon May 28, 2007 2:47 pm

he's worked up about his pride...
he was caught red-handed....the guy spends so much time (on that furtado album anyways) boasting about his production skills, and then - low & behold - he's caught blatantly ripping off someone elses work....

it could have ended there if the multi-millionaire timbo apologised & paid up.

instead, he adds insult to injury....

what a fucktard...
spreader of butter

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon May 28, 2007 2:50 pm

kb420 wrote: Let's all be honest for one minute. If you did something illegal, got caught for it, and found guilty, would you do still choose to do the time if for some technicality you were let off the hook?

and that is pretty much the point of what's happening here

if someone jacked Timbaland you can bet they'd get the (you know what) sued out of them

in this case it's the other way around and the poor fellas can't afford to do anything

I don't feel that bad for them really, its the game and they lost - boo hoo

the other thing - people are E-Yelling about what's fair and legal and what-not...but people are soon to forget their own "mis-givings" "white lies" "petty crimes" and "things no one will know about's" as if they themselves walk on the White road of purity

Timbaland isn't my most favorite producer (at all) <-- I do have respect for him though

and I really could give a shit if he jacked those guys - when we start having a discussion about ALL THE RICH WHITE artists / producers / sing song writers who've ripped off blacks for the past 100 or so years (and still have given them no credit) then I'll talk about Timbalands indiscretion
Ableton | Elektron

Music

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Mon May 28, 2007 2:52 pm

we arent all millionaires like timbo, you stupid cunt.
and why dont you START a discussion about the whiteman ripping off the blackman if it concerns you ? theres lots of space on the forum for another thread.
spreader of butter

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Mon May 28, 2007 5:37 pm

djadonis206 wrote:
kb420 wrote: Let's all be honest for one minute. If you did something illegal, got caught for it, and found guilty, would you do still choose to do the time if for some technicality you were let off the hook?

and I really could give a shit if he jacked those guys - when we start having a discussion about ALL THE RICH WHITE artists / producers / sing song writers who've ripped off blacks for the past 100 or so years (and still have given them no credit) then I'll talk about Timbalands indiscretion
this isnt a white vs black issue
its a case of a rich man ripping off a poor man and getting away with it.
people that are always bringing race into every subject are the ones keeping racism alive. so thanks
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

b0unce

Post by b0unce » Mon May 28, 2007 5:39 pm

amen!
spreader of butter

TITBAG

Post by TITBAG » Mon May 28, 2007 6:44 pm

you disgustingly unfunky group of glowstick waving trance faggots make me sick

timbaland shits over everything you b.o.-riddled uptight geek virgins will ever achieve

your drugged out nazi rally euroqueer artfaggery is the ultimate in simple minded predictable recycled nothing and yet you try to say timbaland has no skills, is unoriginal and played out?

L oh fucking L the total irony. forget about this forum, go and at least attempt to get laid or listen to some music with at least one degree of soul you bunch of sixth-form poetry writing backapacker robot fruitbooters

i know you are all miserable german teenagers and desperately messed-up californian rich boy tweakers but it doesnt mean you have to be quite such a bunch of misguided fuckwits

Monosexuell

Post by Monosexuell » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:39 pm

Timbaland go to HELL :twisted: :wink:
* SIDstation * monomachine SFX-6 * more comming soon

smutek

Post by smutek » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:47 pm

Hitler

Monosexuell

Post by Monosexuell » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:56 pm

smutek wrote:Hitler
sure never ...
* SIDstation * monomachine SFX-6 * more comming soon

smutek

Post by smutek » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:18 pm

No. Not you.

There is supposed to be some sort of rule that whenever someone writes anything about Hitler or Nazis the thread must then stop.

It didn't work though, I must have done it wrong.