Bezier Curves.........

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
j2j

Bezier Curves.........

Post by j2j » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:49 pm

was just thinking to myself....

I want bezier curves, I was reading the bug fix data, and was really just like...

hmm, is there any way we can get Abe's to drop in automation bezier curves for 7.0.3? .4? or even 7.1.0?

that would really bring this program up another level.

cheers
too many lasers...

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:59 pm

I would prefer automation LFOs instead.
Nothing to see here - move along!

j2j

Post by j2j » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:13 pm

That is like a plug in as in, note + chord + arp etc... can be dropped right into the live midi fx folder.

While I agree this is a good idea, to be implemented as well, many after market midi Lfo's exist all ready. just use google to find them.

bezier curves will make a huge splash.

meanwhile, perhaps both a midi lfo, and curves should be done.

cheers
too many lasers...

Geezus

Post by Geezus » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:48 pm

I would prefer they fix the 128 parameter bug before they do anything else. Giving us beizer curves is pointless if I can only use it on a few select parameters of each plugin.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:20 pm

j2j wrote:While I agree this is a good idea, to be implemented as well, many after market midi Lfo's exist all ready. just use google to find them.
maybe you could enlighten us? cause google only comes up with threads of people looking for that exact same thing.

only options I've seen to get an lfo working in live is to rewire via virtual midi port using external programs. I've never even seen a proper midi vst lfo work in live so far which would be a slight bit improvement over standalone applications. but still.... where are these midi lfo's you speak of?
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

j2j

Post by j2j » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:25 pm

http://www.mucoder.com/hypercyclic

is probably just the be all end all of them.
too many lasers...

philipc

Post by philipc » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:07 pm

Talking of MIDI LFOs, it'd be nice if Live actually supported third party midi plugins so that we could use them in Live.

Edit: Hypercyclic does look pretty awesome but it doesn't actually seem to offer LFO driven MIDI CC signals, unless i'm missing something. Isn't it just an LFO driven MIDI mangler?

If you're on Mac by the way, Numerology is the way to go, without a shadow of a doubt.