Live + Virus TI2: recorded notes (only) are late

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Evil_Banana

Live + Virus TI2: recorded notes (only) are late

Post by Evil_Banana » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi all,

I got myself a Virus TI2 Desktop a while ago to get some hands-on feel with synths (and it's just a whole lot of fun to twist knobs and push buttons). I have no problems with the Virus Control or with Live (most of the time), but I do however have some strange latency behaviour:

- When PLAYing my keyboard live, the Virus and live react instantly, no latency, all notes are on time with the tempo and the beat/metronome (as far as I can play of course)
- But when I RECORD that same performance and play it back, the notes are late. You can see in the recorded Midi-clip that all the notes have an offset. So of course it doesn't play right when playing it back with the rest, and also if you quantize it, it get's quantized all wrong.

Does anybody have a similar experience or any idea how I can correct this? I can tweak it using the delay parameter but it is a PITA. it would be great if I could find an overall fix for this.
What baffles me, is that the notes don't have latency while playing, but do have latency when recorded...

Setup-information:
- Macbook 2Ghz, 4Gb, Snow Leopard
- Live Suite 8.2.1
- Access Virus TI2 OS4
- Using M-audio Oxygen25 2nd Gen USB-keyboard
- Apogee Duet
- Virus is connected to Live through USB only for both Midi and audio, and controlled by the Virus Control Plugin, audio is routed through Live out of the Duet.

Any help or tips would is appreciated.
Cheers!!!

EB