Some macros seem disconnected from mapped parameters :-(

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
julienb

Some macros seem disconnected from mapped parameters :-(

Post by julienb » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:04 pm

hello,
I'm using racks.
I map some parameters to macro (always more than one parameter to one considered macro)
I mapped these macros through live.remote~ object
all seemed ok but ...... sometimes, if I tweak the macro button, nothing happens.
everything seems ok on the ranges mapped in map mode etc

I didn't really experiment that before (the issue, I mean)
I'm using the 8.1.3 + max 5.1.4 (46462)

last thing: I didn't correlate anything with that: I mean, a special parameter, instrument or anything else...
If I remap only one of the macros, every other seem to ... rebirth and work fine ... WOW! it sucks!

any ideas?
Julien Bayle
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

julienb

Re: Some macros seem disconnected from mapped parameters :-(

Post by julienb » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:16 pm

noone else with that ..?
I'd like to be sure it is a bug or not in order to modify my liveset with a workaround, or not :)
Julien Bayle

julienb

(solved) Some macros seem disconnected from mapped parameter

Post by julienb » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:32 pm

ok.
I found something.

as explained here: http://www.julienbayle.net/diy/protodeck/#tipLiveRemote , I'm using a workaround to use exactly the same set in composition conditions AND in live performance conditions.

So, when I drop the max for live instrument (in my case the protodeck interface), when I repaste it, redrop, repaste etc it happens
If I use the set for composing, and restart it for live etc ... I mean: if I restart it one time... ALL IS OK.

It is probably a kind of design bug.
Cause it shouldn't behave like that (garbage collectors often sucks ...)
Julien Bayle