Abeltons Browser doesn't show individual track names

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
morerecords

Abeltons Browser doesn't show individual track names

Post by morerecords » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:34 pm

The browser no longer shows the individual track names from other ableton songs sitting on your hard drive
Last edited by morerecords on Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

morerecords

Re: Abeltons Browser doesn't show individual track names

Post by morerecords » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:04 pm

It hasnot worked properly since the release of ABleton 8. If it is working for you, you might be on a mac. Defintely has NOT worked for PC since 8.0

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:02 am

What are you not seeing, and what is it that you used to see?

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:55 am

I can also pull in tracks with ease. I just wish i could read the name of the track! Ever since Live 8.0 all I get is "audio track or Midi track"

I can't believe this functionality has been gone for so long. I am very irritated.

MPGK

Re:

Post by MPGK » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:11 am

morerecords wrote:I can also pull in tracks with ease. I just wish i could read the name of the track! Ever since Live 8.0 all I get is "audio track or Midi track"

I can't believe this functionality has been gone for so long. I am very irritated.
Quite right. I don't get it either.

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:36 am

Its really irritating, I don't know how to get ableton to freaking acknowledge this. I have been pleading with them through every known avenue of communication asking them to please resolve this, and then, release after release goes by unresolved. It has hurt my workflow dramatically because I rely heavily on mixing and matching tracks from various songs, quite regularly I will say " I want the high hats from that track I wrote two yeas ago and never finished" I have literally hundreds and hundreds of songs which equals thousands and thousands of tracks which since version 8 I no longer know what they are because their track names are gone and I can no longer know simply by looking- i have to stop what I am doing and open a previous session, grab a pen, write down which tracks and numbers they are, then close that session and re-open the project i will currently be working on. ITS SO FRUSTRATING to have the workflow I developed through use of Ableton taken away after I have built a career on this software and I depend on it. Hopefully in the next rewrite or at least by version 9, whenever that appears....

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:22 pm

With all due respect, BULLSHIT. I am not going to go through hundreds of songs and re-name a couple thousand tracks which were peviously given names automatically when they were created just because of a bug introduced in live 8. All previous live versions (since the ability to drag tracks was implemented) were given either the audio file name, synth name, sample name, or FX return name automatically, and i have accumulated years of work/ multiple hard drives in this format. I have rent to pay and music to be made. If you want to help please write a bug notification to ableton support headquarters. (support@ableton.com)
The more they get the higher priority the bug fix becomes.

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:26 am

ITS A BUG, DUDE! JEEZUS just write in if you feel compelled, please spare me the rest. ITS A BUG.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:36 am

A PC-only bug then? I just tested, and I'm getting the correct behaviour in versions 6 7 and 8.
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:08 am

Yeah, i think it might be PC only.
Behavior is as expected on pc for 6 and 7, but no dice with any build of 8 thus far... Thanks for testing on mac. Hey PB you know the abes, would you mind dropping them a little message?

magestro

Post by magestro » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:20 pm

Yep,

i can confirm this,

it is a bug, at least on PC. Specs are win XP SP 3.

Bug showed up on 8.2 for me. Been on 8.08 before and never had a problem with the track names in the Browser. On 8.2 the names got lost in Browser its either just audio or midi track. As soon as i pull em in the current project the names show up.

It really gets annoying, cause i tend to use the same track setups on various projects

Cheers

MPGK

Post by MPGK » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:24 pm

Pitch Black wrote:A PC-only bug then? I just tested, and I'm getting the correct behaviour in versions 6 7 and 8.
Really? I'm on 10.6.4, and I encounter the same bug.
Only "Audio" and "MIDI" are displayed in Live's browser if I didn't manually change the title of the track. Once I drag them in, they regain the title that was automatically assigned according to the AU or device I put on them.

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:18 pm

hmmm...

MPGK

Post by MPGK » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:17 am

morerecords wrote:hmmm...
Indeed.

morerecords

Post by morerecords » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:19 pm