CPU overloading so much its offensive

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
particle

CPU overloading so much its offensive

Post by particle » Sat May 26, 2007 8:18 pm

i have the latest version of live. i have an intel based mac that is 2gHz fast. i am working on a set that i have been working of for like a long time. every channel (minus the 8 return channels) that has any effects or effect chains are frozen, yet for some reason, when i press play its like live doesnt know what to do and starts skipping and freezing and kinda reminds me of constipation except instead of shit getting blocked up and stuck, its like my audio is blocked up and stuck and its really really really really really really bothersome. what could be wrong? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :?: :?: :?: :?: thanks to anyone that wants to help me out with this.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat May 26, 2007 8:58 pm

yeah, that would be frustrating. Are there any other processes running, or is there a way to reset the audio driver (sorry, I'm on PC where resetting tHE ASIO driver sometimes helps), or you know what start thinking outside the box, I had a similar problem with my Dell Inspiron 9100 and could not figure out why I could only run about 5 audio tracks with barely any plugins after being able to run easily 25-35 tracks stashed with plugins before. The answer turned out to be the AC adapter had gone defective and was sending less voltage, effectively turning my P4 3.2 Ghz chip into a P3 700.

Good luck finding a solution.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

thuzen4bWbQnXr

same problem

Post by thuzen4bWbQnXr » Sun May 27, 2007 8:10 am

hi there,
i have a dual core monster PC and for some reason it's been hanging recently. my thing is that i'm editing a single audio clip that's like 700-850 MB big and i'm thinking that that's why, but it was working fine until recently. i'm curious what other people write to you about, and i'll post something to you if i get something figured out.

in the manual it mentions a few things, about freezing tracks and disabling unnecessary audio inputs and outputs. i'm wondering what the CPU usage simulator is. maybe i can tweak that.
hey...i just switched on the "clip RAM mode" and it worked like a charm.

i guess there's lots of things it could be in your case. i hope maybe something i said leads you down the right path. good luck.

Poster

Re: CPU overloading so much its offensive

Post by Poster » Sun May 27, 2007 3:10 pm

particle wrote:i have the latest version of live. i have an intel based mac that is 2gHz fast. i am working on a set that i have been working of for like a long time. every channel (minus the 8 return channels) that has any effects or effect chains are frozen, yet for some reason, when i press play its like live doesnt know what to do and starts skipping and freezing and kinda reminds me of constipation except instead of shit getting blocked up and stuck, its like my audio is blocked up and stuck and its really really really really really really bothersome. what could be wrong? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :?: :?: :?: :?: thanks to anyone that wants to help me out with this.
could be alot of reasons..

is the "D" in the upper right corner flashing orange when you play the set?

maximlee

Re: CPU overloading so much its offensive

Post by maximlee » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:56 pm

i am having a similar problem...thing is i am working on tune...even when i hit stop its flicking between 13- 18%... then when i play the track it seems to buiold up and up until about 50 then the D light flashs and it crashs... i am using alot of waves plugins...so i took alot of and it help alittle but i just had a crash when listening to something in solo..

any help ooor advice would be amazing... ive just had a massive breakthrou in my production skills and this happoens...painful...lol

maximlee