[4889] Silence Analog from AAS

sufodara

[4889] Silence Analog from AAS

Post by sufodara » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:08 am

New here and posted in wrong forum before!
Think this right here now!
:oops:

Good Morning Everyone!

This is Daniel again, had a long night testing.
So please forgive me if I make some mistakes in writing.
English is not my native language.

As I tried Analog the first time I had drop outs (gets silent) while switching between the shapes or
dragging the pitch envelope or even sometimes doing nothing but sending midi to
the device. sometimes for a few seconds no tone comes out of the AAS-Analog-Device!

Tested this case different ways

1. playing usb keyboard with setting the channel(that holds the device) to "IN" not armed
1b. playing usb keyboard with channel(that holds the device) set to "auto" record armed
1c. playing usb keyboard with channel(that holds the device) set to "IN" record armed
2. sending notes (via a midiclip) from a seperate midi channel with its output connected to the input of
the midichannel that holds the Analog-device (set to "IN" not armed)
3. having a midi clip running with notes in it puting it directly on the midichannel that holds the Analog-device (of course set to "auto")
4. testing while live was playing and also in stop mode playing USB keyboard
5. I doublechecked by playing the keyboard and recording the played notes.
all Notes I played on the keyboard were recorded but Analog did not play a sound at the same time.
Randomly or because of switching between the waveforms while playing it gets silent while recieving those notes.

So it happens most if the AAS-Analog gets notes while I switch between the waveforms(Shape) of OSC 1 (sin,square,saw,noise).
It seems, that if i give it a little break with recieving midi notes, it awakes again and sound appears like normal.
Really strange like going sleep for a few seconds sometimes.
Hope you could understand what i am talking about.
I only checked this with AAS-Analog yet.

Windows XP service pack2,
PC Intel core 2 (@1,86Ghz), 3GB Ram,
running Live 8.011b
config: 44.100 Hz at 24 bit
_.....::-"-::....._
PC Intel Core 2 (at 1.86 Ghz) | 3 GB RAM | Soundcard : Egosys WAMI 24 bit | 8 channel |
Ableton live 7.0.14 and 8.0b11 |

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:07 am

I have experienced this yesterday, everythign was playing fine with a forzen track, then when I unfroze the track the audio stopped even though the midi clip continued to play as per normal.

paq

Post by paq » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:34 pm

Same here. I recognized this problem on a track where is beneath mixer volume and AutoFilter frequency no automization at all, so no change of waveforms or anything in analog. When i select one clip in the arrangement view and press play, there are just the first four notes played. If i jump into a specific time while playing it may happen that it works, but mostly not.

There is none of the new effects plugged to Analog, just AutoPan, Compressor, Izotope Ozone and AutoFilter. And it's part of an Instrument rack.

Amaury

Re: [4889] Silence Analog from AAS

Post by Amaury » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi,

I moved this thread in favour of:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=105545

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team