Automation curve bank (similar to NI Massive's env funct)

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
epsy

Automation curve bank (similar to NI Massive's env funct)

Post by epsy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:13 pm

Not sure if this is partially accounted for in Live 7 but it would be awesome if we could save user defined automation curves for later use with the same drag & drop functionality that the rest of live has. Massive implements this in a way that is laid out most similar to what i'm speaking of. Maybe have a bank of them and a bunch of empty slots to create your own and be able to copy/paste between slots for slight alterations.

Maybe a little toolkit that loads up on bottom with a pulldown tab to choose what quantize value you'd like to sync it to before you drag it and drop into the arrangement automation lane. Would make for a much easier time compared to fixing any mistakes made using a mod wheel in realtime to control a parameter. or drawing in the lines manually and then going through a copy/paste ritual.

Whadda ya reckon?

Debrecini

Post by Debrecini » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:43 pm

+1 I love it!

That tool in NI's Massive is brilliant, gives you loads of different curves to select from. Its so quick and easy to drag & drop a curve into the envelope. and you can end up with an end result such as this.

But to be honest I think they should first sort out the issue with automation recording to clips found on this thread here

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51908