The Chemical Brothers - Further

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
funky shit

Re: The Chemical Brothers - Further

Post by funky shit » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:33 pm

fuck apple and their iShite.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:07 pm

think different

dum

Post by dum » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:27 pm

the chemical toilet brothers.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:29 pm

comfy crappers

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:55 am

Have now heard the said Chemicals album and vow never to bother to try making any electronic music again.

Studio for sale...

:(

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:47 pm

UKRuss wrote:Have now heard the said Chemicals album and vow never to bother to try making any electronic music again.

Studio for sale...

know the feeling :(

dum

Post by dum » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:59 pm

UKRuss wrote:Have now heard the said Chemicals album and vow never to bother to try making any electronic music again.

Studio for sale...

funky shit wrote:

Studio for sale...

know the feeling :(
In a heartfelt, hand written letter to The Chemical Toilet Brothers - Dum wrote: You don't know who I am, and I think you're a load of shit polluting the air I breathe with the cacophony of sine waves you distill on what must certainly be a spunk-encrusted amiga 500.... but, today, right now, I'm literally weeping in deep appreciation of the selfless services you have unwittingly provided to the world of music aficionados. Thank you, thank you, a thousand thank yous. (kill yourselves)

best regards,
dum

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:22 pm

dum wrote:Image
The Irish Palestinian Liberation Front regretted using refugee cleaners at their new HQ.

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:53 pm

UKRuss wrote:
dum wrote:[imghttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2650/3685747550_ccf45f1cc9.jp[/img]
The Irish Palestinian Liberation Front regretted using refugee cleaners at their new HQ.
ELL.OH.FUCKEN.ELL :lol:

[edit] oh and in response to the OP - I'm on an island with only a wireless 3G modem that is sometimes 2G, and sometimes wistfully gazing off into the sea and forgetting to provide us with internet, and I have nonetheless persevered and bought the album from iTunes and downloaded it and so far I am glad.

It really is amazing how much inspiration I have had off these guys over the years - I agreee with Leeds, Beatles of the electronic music world.

fucking spot on always [or very nearly] for a long time now and nearly always make me feel like selling everything and giving up.

Anyone who doubts need only watch the "Get yourself high" video which IMO will never be bested.
Last edited by alex.the.forge on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dum

Post by dum » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:03 pm

UKRuss wrote:
The News wrote:The Irish Palestinian Liberation Front regretted using refugee cleaners at their new HQ as they refused to clean the abominable mess left by visiting guest-speaker 'Mrs UKRuss' who was attending to deliver a speech to the International Women's Rights group on the accumulative psychological effects of being married to a chronic masturbator with a severely spasticated colon (where his mouth should be) who is in need of constant care.

An official spokesman said "This has been a most unfortunate mix-up, we had arranged for a professional bio-hazard containment facility to function as a bathroom for Mrs UKRuss... but unfortunately she has a reading age of 5 and wandered into the public toilets to relieve herself rather than the high-tech sinkhole furnished for her. We have provided post-trauma therapy for the unfortunate refugees who have seen the un-unseeable. Also, as a gesture of goodwill they have been awarded full citizen status by the state.

Unfortunately Mrs UKRuss was unavailable for comment, but was last seen engaged in lewd sex act with a wino across the street
fixed

snakedogman

Post by snakedogman » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:30 pm

last couple of albums (well everything since Surrender) have been pretty hit and miss. From what I've heard this album is somewhat of a return to form so I'll definitely check it out.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:47 pm

dum wrote:
UKRuss wrote:
The News wrote:The Irish Palestinian Liberation Front regretted using refugee cleaners at their new HQ as they refused to clean the abominable mess left by visiting guest-speaker 'Mrs UKRuss' who was attending to deliver a speech to the International Women's Rights group on the accumulative psychological effects of being married to a chronic masturbator with a severely spasticated colon (where his mouth should be) who is in need of constant care.

An official spokesman said "This has been a most unfortunate mix-up, we had arranged for a professional bio-hazard containment facility to function as a bathroom for Mrs UKRuss... but unfortunately she has a reading age of 5 and wandered into the public toilets to relieve herself rather than the high-tech sinkhole furnished for her. We have provided post-trauma therapy for the unfortunate refugees who have seen the un-unseeable. Also, as a gesture of goodwill they have been awarded full citizen status by the state.

Unfortunately Mrs UKRuss was unavailable for comment, but was last seen engaged in lewd sex act with a wino across the street
fixed
Fail.

MacGuffin

Re: The Chemical Brothers

Post by MacGuffin » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:04 pm

supamonsta wrote:Hello, I wanna make tracks like the Chemical Brothers, is it OK with Ableton Intro, or should I buy some sample CDs?
you don't need all that fancy schmancy stuff, check out this authentic online replica of the Chem's studio.

http://www.musicfanclubs.org/chemical/chem.htm

:mrgreen:

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:00 pm

iTunes pass aside, the previews of the tracks on iTunes has to be the worst effort to date in trying to convince you to buy this album. Nothing previewed sounds worth buying. You'd think even just random computer segment grabbing would produce a gem by accident, but nothing.

I also despise stellar reviews that start with "I will always be a huge fan of [insert band here]" From that point on your review is invalid unless it includes a "but" or 2 somewhere in the trail of ass licking. PRO TIP: All bands can and will do wrong. Not everything they release is pure gold. Your blind allegiance makes you look like a douche.

Sage

Post by Sage » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:05 pm

snakedogman wrote:last couple of albums (well everything since Surrender) have been pretty hit and miss. From what I've heard this album is somewhat of a return to form so I'll definitely check it out.
I don't know about that, never used to enjoy them, then when I started putting all my CDs onto the laptop and leaving it on shuffle, found myself dancing to these ace songs and would go see what they were and always seems to be songs off the last few Chems albums.