m4l included efx

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cmreal04

m4l included efx

Post by cmreal04 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:12 pm

How are the pre-bundled efx ? are they worth the price of admission alone if you already own suite ?

CM
Ableton 9, Feeltune Rhizome, Focusrite Pro, Mpk249....

Kodama

Re: m4l included efx

Post by Kodama » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:48 pm

There are some repeats of Live devices, and there are some that are unique. I would say that it's worth checking the demo.
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:01 am

Kodama wrote:There are some repeats of Live devices, and there are some that are unique. I would say that it's worth checking the demo.
Except that there isn't one yet.
Unsound Designer

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:39 am

I would say NO.

But it's worth the price of addmission when you can easily access devices on maxforlive.com. And there's some killer stuff on there that is easily modified to suit your needs with a little forum Q&A, reading some tutorial stuff etc.

For me M4L has improved my Live work flow tremendously, based on many of these devices and simple modifications to them.

I do like some of the bundled FX, but I do not seriously use any of them.

cmreal04

Post by cmreal04 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:39 pm

JuanSOLO wrote:I would say NO.

But it's worth the price of addmission when you can easily access devices on maxforlive.com. And there's some killer stuff on there that is easily modified to suit your needs with a little forum Q&A, reading some tutorial stuff etc.

For me M4L has improved my Live work flow tremendously, based on many of these devices and simple modifications to them.

I do like some of the bundled FX, but I do not seriously use any of them.
Thanks, for that. I didn't even take into account the actual devices from the max site.

CM
Ableton 9, Feeltune Rhizome, Focusrite Pro, Mpk249....

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:34 am

stringtapper wrote:
Kodama wrote:There are some repeats of Live devices, and there are some that are unique. I would say that it's worth checking the demo.
you CAN demo m4l. Install the max demo, then in live go into demo mode.

in order to demo the m4l content you will need to install a livepack that you can find in the max application folder.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:40 am

pepezabala wrote:
stringtapper wrote:
you CAN demo m4l. Install the max demo, then in live go into demo mode.

in order to demo the m4l content you will need to install a livepack that you can find in the max application folder.
It's a glitch homes, the official M4L demo is coming with 8.1.2.
Unsound Designer