Sidechaining with fabfilter pro-c

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Rave

Sidechaining with fabfilter pro-c

Post by Rave » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:42 am

How the fook do u do it? :oops:

I have tried to google for a video but couldn't find anything :(

catalyst

Re: Sidechaining with fabfilter pro-c

Post by catalyst » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:27 am

In Pro-C, click 'Expert' then 'Ext' under the Side Chain section - this makes Pro-C declare a set of audio inputs to Live, and you will send your Side Chain key to those inputs.

On the track that is being used as the Side Chain key (e.g. a kick), under Live's I/O section, choose 'Audio To' to be the track that Pro-C is on. You should see Live automatically select the Side Chain inputs of Pro-C in the box underneath.. this will mute the key track btw.

That's all there is to it!

Rave

Post by Rave » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:39 am

Sweet thank you, tis much appreciated. I found an old ableton 6 vid that mirrored what you said.

RadioApe

Post by RadioApe » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:50 pm

catalyst wrote:In Pro-C, click 'Expert' then 'Ext' under the Side Chain section - this makes Pro-C declare a set of audio inputs to Live, and you will send your Side Chain key to those inputs.

On the track that is being used as the Side Chain key (e.g. a kick), under Live's I/O section, choose 'Audio To' to be the track that Pro-C is on. You should see Live automatically select the Side Chain inputs of Pro-C in the box underneath.. this will mute the key track btw.

That's all there is to it!
I wonder if there is a easy way to avoid making a new "proxy" Kik Channel or a return track every time i use a fabfilter C with sidechain?

Because as it was mentioned the "sending track" get`s muted...

To use the glue compressor is much more easy because i don`t need to build proxy-kik tracks or new return channels for each Fabfilter C with sidechain...

Or am i missing anything :?:

thank you :)
„I’ve nothing to say, and I’m saying it.“ John Cage

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:00 pm

RadioApe wrote:
I wonder if there is a easy way to avoid making a new "proxy" Kik Channel or a return track every time i use a fabfilter C with sidechain?

If you have place for a return track that's hardly a problem, is it? It's called a Buss or Aux and is very common way to send signals around in mixers. You have unlimited tracks don't you? And these can be grouped…

You could experiment with some other plug.ins that can tap and route Live's mixer outputs and inputs I guess. I don't see a way to be able to send a signal to the SC input with any of the native devices without involving another track anyway. There's no official way for plug-ins unless they have their own internal buss and can tap Live's tracks. My MMultiAnalyzer can read all tracks anyway so I suppose it could be done. But why?

I prefer the return track way because I can see at a glance what's going on and I can shape the signal on it's way to the SC input.
Make some music!

RadioApe

Post by RadioApe » Wed May 17, 2017 10:28 am

Stromkraft wrote:
RadioApe wrote:

If you have place for a return track that's hardly a problem, is it? It's called a Buss or Aux and is very common way to send signals around in mixers. You have unlimited tracks don't you? And these can be grouped…

You could experiment with some other plug.ins that can tap and route Live's mixer outputs and inputs I guess. I don't see a way to be able to send a signal to the SC input with any of the native devices without involving another track anyway. There's no official way for plug-ins unless they have their own internal buss and can tap Live's tracks. My MMultiAnalyzer can read all tracks anyway so I suppose it could be done. But why?

I prefer the return track way because I can see at a glance what's going on and I can shape the signal on it's way to the SC input.
Thank you, i guess you are right, using a new return track for every new Compressor is ok as well... better than to to duplicate the track every time...

strangely never thought of using a return for that... but i just tried it... and magically it works :D

thnx again...
„I’ve nothing to say, and I’m saying it.“ John Cage