Pitch Bend Problems

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
kamalp77

Pitch Bend Problems

Post by kamalp77 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi Everyone.

Im having an issue with pitch bend at the moment. I dont have a midi controller so I apply it using the envelope and automation within Ableton.

This works fine with Sylenth1 and Massive and a few free vst's but not with Zebra.
When i use any other vst it is a smooth transition as expected but when i try it on Zebra you can hear the sound triggering each key in and its not a nice effect. Its much like a very fast arpeggiator.

As it works fine with other synths ive ruled out it being an ableton issue but im posting here as ive tried all other forums i can think of. Anyone else noticed this and have a solution.

Thanks in advance

Warrior Bob

Re: Pitch Bend Problems

Post by Warrior Bob » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Whatever patch you've loaded in Zebra may respond to pitch bend messages in that fashion - you might have to program it to do otherwise!

Try loading it in another VST host if you have one (free trials abound for many of them) and see if the problem still shows up there.

Urs

Re: Pitch Bend Problems

Post by Urs » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:01 pm

Hehe, we've solved the riddle actually... the OP uses a version of Zebra from 2006... which kind of is odd considering that all updates have been free since.

Thus any legit user experiencing pitch bend issues, simply upgrade to a current version of Zebra and you're all good!

While the OP might be a legit customer who simply forgot to upgrade, these problems are commonly heard of from non-legit users. Any non-legit users who's stuck in a muchly outdated version of Zebra, we've been in touch with Team Assign. Two of their members were affected by the Fukushima earthquake, tsunami and its aftermath - last word I got is they're volunteering as helpers in the crisis area, so they're actually doing something useful. The remaining members have their hands full with all the stuff that's piling up. Please keep that in mind when desperate to find "OEM versions". And please don't bother *us* with your problems. Use freeware instead, such as the free Zebralette or TyrellN6.

;) Urs