Can't Differentiate Midi Messages from Duplicate Expression Pedals (Arduino UP4)

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
madamus

Can't Differentiate Midi Messages from Duplicate Expression Pedals (Arduino UP4)

Post by madamus » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:08 pm

Hi all,

I have been using an Arduino UP4 expression pedal to send assignable MIDI CC messages in my sessions - love the pedal, has been working great. I decided that I wanted to get another in order to be able to manipulate different parameters simultaneously with my right and left foot. Ableton is recognizing the two different controllers in the MIDI preferences. However, when I go to assign different parameters to each pedal, each individual pedal is controlling all of the parameters assigned to one or the other of the pedals. It seems that this is happening because all of the parameters are assigned to CC 11 (expression)... is there a way to reroute the parameters that I am assigning to one pedal to an undefined CC channel so that the messages being sent by one of the pedals will only control those parameters? Or is there something happening further upstream in the flow of midi info that needs to be adjusted?

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Can't Differentiate Midi Messages from Duplicate Expression Pedals (Arduino UP4)

Post by [jur] » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:53 pm

Change the CC sent by one of the pedals, i.e make sure they're not sending the same CC.
I just checked online and it looks like this pedal has dip switches to easily choose between CC11, 4, 2, 7.
Since it's Arduino based, it should be quite easy to change to other values on the software side if needed but you should be good with the dip switches.
Ableton Forum Moderator