All my Christmasses are shit ever.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Arnold-Rimmer

All my Christmasses are shit ever.

Post by Arnold-Rimmer » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:47 pm

All my Christmasses have been shit. Since I can remember. Having my birthday a couple of days later meant that as a kid I would only get one present, and no it wasn't double in value nor was there any extra expense made to compensate. I spent all my childhood jealously watching my brother and sister get a Christmas present and a birthday one.

Many years on. My wife, who is fully aware of this hang up of mine, tries year after year to make a special effort to get me something nice on both Christmas and my birthday. Yet year after year it all goes wrong. Maybe the situation would be easier if I wasn't such a demanding bastard, but that's another story.

Anyway, here is the typical scenario at my house Christmas time. I should point out first that my Wife and I love each other very much, but the same thing seems to happen year in, year out.

About the 23rd or 24th of December, we would have had a slight argument about something that started trivial and ends up being an in depth, psychological breakdown of each negative aspect of our personalities. Throw in a bit of yelling, some name calling and eventually it gets to the point of announcing divorce and going our seperate ways.

Then over a period of about a week or so, it all comes good again. We'll open our presents and if we haven't torn up the receipts in anger and if it's not too late, return or exchange them.

gjm

Post by gjm » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:50 pm

Any 'lets make up' sex? :P
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

gjm

Post by gjm » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:51 pm

Oppps, thats a bit rude eh!
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

Arnold-Rimmer

Post by Arnold-Rimmer » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:51 pm

gjm wrote:Any 'lets make up' sex? :P
Do you mean with my brother and sister or my wife?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:56 pm

every year my dad would say that my mom's PMS was timed around Xmas. that's life, try to not take it all so seriously. forget the presents, enjoy the time off work, enjoy life, it's not about the presents or your birthday. if you're into Jesus you really have nothing to complain about. he got 3 gifts and his b-day is on Xmas, then they nailed him to a tree and remember him as a white guy with a British accent. THAT sucks.

my dad and now niece have b-days on the 23rd, so it goes, years of Xmas wrapped b-day presents. some kids in that situation move their b-day to 6 months away.

or convert to another religion without holidays around Xmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY03n3QC ... re=related <-- Ren & Stimpy Happy Happy Joy Joy
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

stjohn

Post by stjohn » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:56 pm

boo hoo.. my wife loves me too much

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:57 pm

Arnold-Rimmer wrote:
gjm wrote:Any 'lets make up' sex? :P
Do you mean with my brother and sister or my wife?
either way, pics or gtfo!!
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

gjm

Post by gjm » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:02 pm

Actually, when the sparks start flying in my house, I manage to make everything turn out to be my wife's fault... at least that's what she says.

To tell you the truth though, I can't remember the last fight. She gave up being sarcastic and I gave up knowing it all.

We didn't give any gifts this year. We gave 'Time' instead.

Verrrry interesting results.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:05 pm

gjm wrote:Verrrry interesting results.
lmfao!!!

yeah, never go for the "I don't want anything this birthday/Xmas/Valentines Day" routine. always have a backup or at least a card ready to pull out.

I got $200 at Robotspeak and $$ to buy CDs (no downloads!!!)
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

gjm

Post by gjm » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:13 pm

Tone Deft wrote:lmfao!!!
:oops: what does that stand for?

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:14 pm

My daughter has her birthday on the 23rd, which, in Denmark, is the day before we celebrate christmas.

We would never even DREAM of not giving her TOTALLY separate presents! NEVER. In fact, the 23rd is the least christmassy day of the month 'round here: it's birthday candles and such all the way.

We've heard a lot of "aww, that's a shame that you're born on the 23rd", especially from older people around us, and that really pisses me off, because it assumes that we'll treat our kids as badly as they must have done... grumble.

My daughter is five now, and she loves christmas AND her birthday... it's definitely possible.

Arnold-Rimmer, I'm sorry you've been neglected like that... I'd opt for a "nix-Mas" with none of that present shite at all... but I guess that would make it worse?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:16 pm

Laughing My Fucking Ass Off

gather around the virtual Yule Log with the wife
http://fauxfire.com/ <-- virtual fire w/Xmas songs
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Arnold-Rimmer

Post by Arnold-Rimmer » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:22 pm

gjm wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:lmfao!!!
:oops: what does that stand for?
Tone Deft wrote:Laughing My Fucking Ass Off
Tone Deft wrote:
either way, pics or gtfo!!
And what does "gtfo' mean?

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:24 pm

Arnold-Rimmer wrote:And what does "gtfo' mean?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gtfo+acronym
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Arnold-Rimmer

Post by Arnold-Rimmer » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:27 pm

Machinate wrote:
Arnold-Rimmer wrote:And what does "gtfo' mean?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gtfo+acronym
Shit man! That google thing freaked me out.