All my Christmasses are shit ever.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:27 pm

MNYRWBNMA

(my new year's resolution will be no more acronyms) ;)
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

gjm

Post by gjm » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:29 pm

Machinate wrote:
Arnold-Rimmer wrote:And what does "gtfo' mean?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gtfo+acronym
lmfao!!!
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:29 pm

Arnold-Rimmer wrote:
Machinate wrote:
Arnold-Rimmer wrote:And what does "gtfo' mean?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gtfo+acronym
Shit man! That google thing freaked me out.
+1
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:36 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
Arnold-Rimmer wrote:
Shit man! That google thing freaked me out.
+1
hehe. Ooops. ;)
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:36 am

Tone Deft wrote:if you're into Jesus you really have nothing to complain about. he got 3 gifts and his b-day is on Xmas, then they nailed him to a tree and remember him as a white guy with a British accent. THAT sucks.
I understand that he was actually born in the summer, june or july or something.

The whole Christmas thing was set up by the church as a way of competing with, challenging, and suppressing some of the older religions who celebrated their own religious holidays, like the winter solstice, around this time.

lol at the white guy with a British accent. It's funny, and so true.

Regarding birthdays, I think that Tolkien had a good idea. In the Shire, on their birthday, a Hobbit would be expected to throw a big party and give gifts to all of their friends and family at the party, in place of receiving them.

Seems like a pain in the ass, and expensive, on first thought, but all throughout the year you would receive gifts every time one of your friends had a birthday, and "re-gifting" was an acceptable practice.

In Tolkien's Middle Earth at least.

Interesting concept in my opinion.

Maybe not. I'm a bit spent after a long drive.

:?

j2j

Post by j2j » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:40 am

Hilarious....

http://lmgtfy.com/

absolutely hilarious..............................................

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
too many lasers...

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:24 am

smutek wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:if you're into Jesus you really have nothing to complain about. he got 3 gifts and his b-day is on Xmas, then they nailed him to a tree and remember him as a white guy with a British accent. THAT sucks.
I understand that he was actually born in the summer, june or july or something.

The whole Christmas thing was set up by the church as a way of competing with, challenging, and suppressing some of the older religions who celebrated their own religious holidays, like the winter solstice, around this time.

Regarding birthdays, I think that Tolkien had a good idea. In the Shire, on their birthday, a Hobbit would be expected to throw a big party and give gifts to all of their friends and family at the party, in place of receiving them.

Seems like a pain in the ass, and expensive, on first thought, but all throughout the year you would receive gifts every time one of your friends had a birthday, and "re-gifting" was an acceptable practice.

In Tolkien's Middle Earth at least.

Interesting concept in my opinion.

Maybe not. I'm a bit spent after a long drive.

:?
The spanish do something like that.
My girlfriends birthday is on the 23rd of december.

Skintooo.

forge

Post by forge » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:43 pm

smutek wrote:

he he..the truth is Jesus was boring smelly hippy essene who would be the 33AD equivalent of one of those fuckers who eats rice cakes and wheat grass tea or something

99% of modern day christians would have hated him, especially the pope who would have been the one ordering his crucifixion

STRATEGY_510

Re: All my Christmasses are shit ever.

Post by STRATEGY_510 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:26 pm

Arnold-Rimmer wrote:All my Christmasses have been shit. Since I can remember. Having my birthday a couple of days later meant that as a kid I would only get one present, and no it wasn't double in value nor was there any extra expense made to compensate. I spent all my childhood jealously watching my brother and sister get a Christmas present and a birthday one.

Many years on. My wife, who is fully aware of this hang up of mine, tries year after year to make a special effort to get me something nice on both Christmas and my birthday. Yet year after year it all goes wrong. Maybe the situation would be easier if I wasn't such a demanding bastard, but that's another story.

Anyway, here is the typical scenario at my house Christmas time. I should point out first that my Wife and I love each other very much, but the same thing seems to happen year in, year out.

About the 23rd or 24th of December, we would have had a slight argument about something that started trivial and ends up being an in depth, psychological breakdown of each negative aspect of our personalities. Throw in a bit of yelling, some name calling and eventually it gets to the point of announcing divorce and going our seperate ways.

Then over a period of about a week or so, it all comes good again. We'll open our presents and if we haven't torn up the receipts in anger and if it's not too late, return or exchange them.

Having a birthday on 12/23, I used to whine about the same thing.....then I turned twelve!

Jesus Christ, do you realize there's people with real problems on Christmas and every other day of the year?

you're worse than the "waah, worst christmas ever, my car got a scratchy in the parking lot and no one cares!" guy.

Be thankful your father didn't have forced sex with you this morning or that your momma didn't sell what few gifts you got from the United Way for a five-dollar rock.

Ya'll must be some real privileged folks up in here. No shame in that, but you should see life from the other side sometime and realize you got it nice and cushy.

STRATEGY

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:59 pm

I can't help but Rant:

WTF people?? This is just another reason to dislike this phallacy. (pun intended).

Just because it's the magical Jesus Day, we expect it to be all shiny and cuddly and perfect. Like real life says, "oh wait, it's christ's birthday, let's make sure only good things happen to all the boys and girls today"

What a load!

Life Sucks AND Life is wonderful. It happens all the time. Somebody posted a Darwinism in here recently:

"It isn't the strong who survive, but the most adaptive."

Quit your fucking whining.

Congratulations on your good fortune.

Smell the roses. Keep the shit behind you.

Look ahead and make a plan.

word.
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:40 pm

I had a bloody great Xmas! :D

Always do. Always will.

Bloody greatest Xmas ever, this one was THE BEST!

You gotta make an effort guys, simple as that.

Arnold-Rimmer

Post by Arnold-Rimmer » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:49 am

STRATEGY_510 wrote:
Arnold-Rimmer wrote:All my Christmasses have been shit. Since I can remember. Having my birthday a couple of days later meant that as a kid I would only get one present, and no it wasn't double in value nor was there any extra expense made to compensate. I spent all my childhood jealously watching my brother and sister get a Christmas present and a birthday one.

Many years on. My wife, who is fully aware of this hang up of mine, tries year after year to make a special effort to get me something nice on both Christmas and my birthday. Yet year after year it all goes wrong. Maybe the situation would be easier if I wasn't such a demanding bastard, but that's another story.

Anyway, here is the typical scenario at my house Christmas time. I should point out first that my Wife and I love each other very much, but the same thing seems to happen year in, year out.

About the 23rd or 24th of December, we would have had a slight argument about something that started trivial and ends up being an in depth, psychological breakdown of each negative aspect of our personalities. Throw in a bit of yelling, some name calling and eventually it gets to the point of announcing divorce and going our seperate ways.

Then over a period of about a week or so, it all comes good again. We'll open our presents and if we haven't torn up the receipts in anger and if it's not too late, return or exchange them.

Having a birthday on 12/23, I used to whine about the same thing.....then I turned twelve!

Jesus Christ, do you realize there's people with real problems on Christmas and every other day of the year?

you're worse than the "waah, worst christmas ever, my car got a scratchy in the parking lot and no one cares!" guy.

Be thankful your father didn't have forced sex with you this morning or that your momma didn't sell what few gifts you got from the United Way for a five-dollar rock.

Ya'll must be some real privileged folks up in here. No shame in that, but you should see life from the other side sometime and realize you got it nice and cushy.

STRATEGY

Philosophically speaking, and looking at this from an absolutist, platonistic level, can we really quantify misery? To me, misery is misery. No matter what form or levels of degree it comes in.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:36 am

Misery is a self imposed state of being.

I choose not to.

If you don't like something, then change it.

Radical: You don't actually love your wife as much as you think you do...

Not so radical: If Xmas isn't working right, change it up. Go on holiday instead.

mkelly

Post by mkelly » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:49 am

forge wrote:he he..the truth is Jesus was boring smelly hippy essene who would be the 33AD equivalent of one of those fuckers who eats rice cakes and wheat grass tea or something

99% of modern day christians would have hated him, especially the pope who would have been the one ordering his crucifixion
"Jesus was a hippie, peace and love was all he was about
That's why they killed him, cause that sh*t's something people can't figure out
Now some folks who worship him are the ones who would have cheered at the crucifixion
They got no conviction it doesn't matter if the man was fact or fiction"

Soul Asylum (sorry) - "Fearless Leader"
Live 7, Logic Studio 8, Mac Pro 8-core/2.26/6GB, OS X 10.5.6, Saffire Pro 40, Alesis M1 Active 520s, Remote SL 37, Virus TI Snow, Nord Rack 2, Zebra 2, Sylenth1

pixelbox

Post by pixelbox » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:32 pm

Arnold-Rimmer wrote:
STRATEGY_510 wrote:

STRATEGY

Philosophically speaking, and looking at this from an absolutist, platonistic level, can we really quantify misery? To me, misery is misery. No matter what form or levels of degree it comes in.
ROFLMAO! Obviously you've never experienced bad times, my friend. You are saying not getting separate gifts for birthday and Christmas is equal to having nowhere to sleep and nothing to eat for a few weeks? Or like the quoted says, getting molested or abused? You might want to re-evaluate that statement.

Additionally, you need to man up and get over it. My wife's b-day is the 21st of Dec., and my mother's is the 23rd. With Christmas falling on the same week, you bet your sweet ass that they BOTH get birthday/Christmas presents, as I'm not fucking Bill Gates.

You drama queen. :roll:
Before speaking, learn telling. And to tear magic from science is very dumb pupil-like.