Akai APC 40 help please!!!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
jjahn

Re: Akai APC 40 help please!!!

Post by jjahn » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:09 pm

thank you

:D :D :D
TekMonki
:D :D :D
it worked the way you described!!!

I start looking for a mac...

br,
jj

virtualboy

Post by virtualboy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi.
I have the same problem after i installed my korg nano pad. After reboot ableton could not see the apc anymore. I think its a conflict between apc 40 driver and padkontrol driver. I dont know what to do.

I also use windows xp

virtualboy

Post by virtualboy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi.
I have the same problem after i installed my korg nano pad. After reboot ableton could not see the apc anymore. I think its a conflict between apc 40 driver and padkontrol driver. I dont know what to do.

I also use windows xp

WaveRider

Post by WaveRider » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:00 am

Sandstorm wrote:Hi all,
I just got my APC 40. Got the Ableton APC software installed, but the pc (windows XP) doesn't recognise the APC. In the Ableton preferences I can't select the APC as input and output in the Midi sync tab.

same with me, waht do you do????

mode:masters

Post by mode:masters » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:53 am

Guys/Gals, I just posted about this issue in another thread, it's a common XP bug.

The bug pertains to the 10 MIDI device entry limit in the registry. RME have a fix on their website. I recommend trying this BEFORE trying the LowerFilters registry hack.

Read about the technical details of the problem: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1031649

Get the downlow on the fix from RME: http://www.rme-audio.de/en_support_tech ... q_10entryd

Hope this helps :)

kabelton

Post by kabelton » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:14 pm

hi,

i have switched to windows 7.. and now.. my apc 40 is gone again, i did the reg fix in xp, but now in windows 7 its gone again. did anybody have same problems with windows 7? please... sooo frustating.

thanks

kabelton

Post by kabelton » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:39 pm

fuck... it cant be true spending so much time only because there is "ableton" printed on the apc 40...

i had never ever problems with usb devices, but now windows cant find my apc. i did all the advices.. no luck.

windows says it has installed correctly an usb- audiodevice.. but it also found an apc 40 which cant be installed.

im so frustrated... is there anybody who uses apc40 and windows 7 without any connecting problems??

please...

oldboy88

Post by oldboy88 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Same problem as above. Is there any fix for running it with Win7?

Deepsouljah Selecta

Post by Deepsouljah Selecta » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:15 am

don't delete any thing from your registry unless you know what your doing. call akai support and they will put you straight. It took about 2 minutes once i got the guy on the phone. the box is yellow now and my mpk49 is working along side my apc40 smooth as could be.

(2) is not the same as [2]

with computer on
ableton on
APC40 powered up but usb not connected to computer
MPK49 usb not connected to computer (no power needed but use if you want too)

options
preferences
midi sync
return all devices ins & outs to "NONE"

connect usb for MPK49

in slot 1/control surface select "MPK49"
in slot 1/input select "usb device" that appears over usb device [2] usb [3] <-- brackets!
in slot 1/output select "usb device" that appears over usb device [2] <-- brackets!

connect usb for APC40

in slot 2/control surface select "APC40"
in slot 2/input select "usb device" that appears over usb device (2)<-- parenthesis!
in slot 2/output select "usb device (2)" <-- parenthesis!

done

the red squares/lines are now yellow. if you prefer red assign apc to slot 1. blue slot 3 and so on in order of 3's red yellow blue

the thing to remember is MPK49 = [] APC40 = ()

hope you get it straight.

cheers

svenghoulieil

Post by svenghoulieil » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:57 pm

Most likely the problem is conflicting USB drivers or entries in the registry - Here is a thread on how to remove unused devices without opening your registry.
I guarantee you will see at least 10 to 20 greyed out entries in the USB devices section

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=182511

ForestAmsden

Post by ForestAmsden » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:02 pm

Hey all,
I run windows 7 and when I plugged in my APC40 it said the driver was missing, and that the device did not install properly. Searched alot of threads couldn't find the answer. A post on page 2 or 3 of this thread saved me!!! the two files in C, windows, inf were missing on my computer and I copied them from my brothers computer (he has XP), I turned on the APC40 and my comp recognized it as an audio device immediately. Thanks alot, really appreciate it

shegp

Post by shegp » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:03 am

I've been having this problem for a while but DJ Jun's instructions (on page 3 of this thread) fixed the problem immedietely for me. Keep in mind though, the two files he talks about may not be renamed exactly as he said (mine was fine but was simply missing the ".inf" on the end) but as long as the two files are renamed to what he suggests the problem will be fixed just by rebooting.

Once again thanks DJ Jun

mokaz

Post by mokaz » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:43 am

I've had this problem as well on Windows XP.

APC40 was working but recognized as USB Audio Device and giving me some weird clicks and pops
when i was for example browsing the set trough the APC...

I fight the whole Saturday to troubleshoot it without success..
Finally, I've installed Windows 7 and APC40 is now recognized as APC40 under Audio Devices.

This was the most helpful link for me;
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=182511

Regards,
m.

diordna

Post by diordna » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:09 pm

Thank you Deepsouljah Selecta. I just picked up the APC40 yesterday and your fix a few posts above worked great. It also resolved some buggy issues I was having with Live not shutting down correctly or restarting again after I closed it. I'm thinking it was because the MPK49 MIDI input and output were set to USB audio (instead of USB audio [2]). It's great when stuff works the way it's supposed to. Thanks for the setup tip.
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel Core2 Duo P8600 2.4G
4 Gb ram
---
Ableton 9.0.2
NI Audio Kontrol 1
MPK49/APC40/Push

Nitronoise

Post by Nitronoise » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:19 am

hey anyone no where to get the drivers for apc40? ????????? i use apple IMac version 10.6.4 / 3.06 Ghz Intel core 2 duo ,memori 4GB , soundcard M-audio fast track pro ,keyboard navation x station 25, monitors Yamaha hs80m . i open live 8.1.5 , i open the preferences and i set my audio input as fast track pro , and the output as x station25 navation !!!!!!!! and i can hear a nasty f...kin ugly noise in the monitors when i move my mouse which is doing myheaddddddd !!! i also heard it cud be from the fast track pro the diver is for a older version of mac!!! i have check the m-audo website to the support for a driver but there is f...k all ,no driver for my version of mac :((((( anyone knows about help help help!!!!!!!!!