bounce effects to audio???

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fretcruiser

bounce effects to audio???

Post by fretcruiser » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:18 pm

Guys. I'm trying out Ableton Live Intro. I've had Live before, but that was a few years ago. This is a definite must buy.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is a way to render the effects to the audio track? Basically, once I have the eq and everything set on my guitar track, I just want to make it a permanent part of the track so I can save CPU usage by not having so many effects running. I know this is possible in other DAW's I use, but I just haven't found it in Live yet.

Thanks!

Rave

Re: bounce effects to audio???

Post by Rave » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:08 pm

freeze then flatten

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:03 pm

yes freeze and flatten..or you can freeze and just drag and drop on other audio track.

BUT ..SOOO boring process when you have to clean lot of clips ..because you have to freeze ALL the track and then applying the fx.. :roll:

so freeze ,flatten ,refreeze , flatten etc..very time consuming or you have to render or make a little routing ..but for me the most quick way is to PRINT the fx DIRECTLY in the clip WITHOUT freezing ALL the track and/or without freezing at all !!!

i hope ableton implement that in a free live 8.5 upgrade ..i t will be a nice present for customer who have issues with live 8.1.1 in order to ease the PAIN !! :wink:

and ableton live have built its reputation about time saving ,simplicity ,quikness to make things..and there and i dont understand WHY this philosophy is not in this SIMPLE but ESSENTIAL concept of printing fx in audio

but i hope ableton listen to his customers and they read this forum .. :wink:

fretcruiser

Post by fretcruiser » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:44 pm

Thanks guys. Works like a charm. How exactly do you print fx in the clip?

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:25 pm

its not possible for the moment ..but like you do when you freeze and flatten..

but it will be quickly to just print the fx directly in the concerned clip ,without to freeze all the track ,and to flatten after..

for me :loop a clip

put an eq on it

tweak the eq to clean it

and as it is selected just PRINT directly fx in it by a process like direct flatten or like commit button for groove templates

it will be much simplier and quick to keep a good workflow ..

Rave

Post by Rave » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:34 pm

fretcruiser wrote:Thanks guys. Works like a charm. How exactly do you print fx in the clip?

You're welcome. Dont forget to read the manual, it will save you time in the long run.
Also dont forget to buy it :)

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:49 pm

yeahh ..when you know the mains keyboard shortcuts your workflow is really improved..

it really really a great daw ..for me the ONLY ONE to get !!

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:03 pm

i make a prayer for the "freeze only the selected clip or print it directly" feature will be implemented freely in live 8.5 !!!!

please a customer friendly action !!!

petit nuage

Post by petit nuage » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:43 am

it will be a great present for live 8.5 version !! :wink: