Multi-Clip Warping

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
toscanini

Multi-Clip Warping

Post by toscanini » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:36 pm

Hello,

I have been trying to use this feature for a while and it is really not probing so far. I do not know if I am trying to get more out of it than it can offer or I just do not use it correctly.

I have a case exactly similar to what the manual describes, i.e. a multitrack recording of a band, with tracks all the same length. I'd like to have the warping done for one track and apply it to all the others. So far all I can do is multiselect the clips, add a marker point in one, and have the same marker point appear in the others aswell. But the usual right-click warp options (set 1.1.1, warp from here etc...) are unavailable, so I cannot get any further.

I also realize that the save button includes warp info into the analysis file of the clip, but I do not see a way to put those settings on top of another track (a bit a la groove)

Thank you for your tips,
toscanini
edit.. sorry I found all info needed, all good now, I'll search first next time. Apo :oops: logies

3dot...

Re: Multi-Clip Warping

Post by 3dot... » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:33 am

align them up in arrangement.. choose one clip as 'master' and use it's warp markers...
after that you can 'flatten' them

toscanini

Post by toscanini » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:34 am

3dot... wrote:align them up in arrangement.. choose one clip as 'master' and use it's warp markers...
after that you can 'flatten' them
Yeah, it seems like the most powerful method... thanks for the answer!

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:41 am

Hi,

Alternatively, you could warp one of the clip, then copy it the number of times you need, and drag the audio files of the other takes, from the Browser, to the waveform view of the copied clip(s). If the samples are the same size, the warp markers remain remain.

Regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

toscanini

Post by toscanini » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:13 am

Amaury wrote:Hi,

Alternatively, you could warp one of the clip, then copy it the number of times you need, and drag the audio files of the other takes, from the Browser, to the waveform view of the copied clip(s). If the samples are the same size, the warp markers remain remain.

Regards,
Amaury

Nice:))
I'll check that out right away!