Ot: What makes people fly over thousands of orphans to go to

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
starving student

Ot: What makes people fly over thousands of orphans to go to

Post by starving student » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:22 am

another country and adapt an orphan?

timothyallan

Re: Ot: What makes people fly over thousands of orphans to go to

Post by timothyallan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:37 am

I've never flown over the pit of orphans, where can I find it!?!

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:27 am

Well, I'm not sure about the orphanage conditions in Haiti, aside from it being completely fucked up after the earthquake (although, let's face it, it was completely fucked up before that and no one gave a shit), but people adopt a lot of Chinese girls because for the most part, they're lucky to be born, let alone be given a fair shot at adoption in China. Reading articles about chinese birth rates lately, a lot of places say that boys outnumber girls something like 3 or 4 to 1, making for a miserable dating experience in the years ahead. Unless you're a gay male, in which case it will be awesome.

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:30 am

Also:
starving student wrote:adapt an orphan?
Is that like an orphan with 1/8 inch plug growing out of the right hand and 1/4 inch plug growing out of the left hand? Because that would be weird, and probably pick up a lot of noise.

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:59 am

john doe by choice wrote:Also:
starving student wrote:adapt an orphan?
Is that like an orphan with 1/8 inch plug growing out of the right hand and 1/4 inch plug growing out of the left hand? Because that would be weird, and probably pick up a lot of noise.
^^haha

as funny as my spelling is adoption is a serious thing, was watching something tonight about adopting children in china and some other places and what stood out to me was how passionately the parents being interviewed were pouring out how they felt about a needy child but what also struck me was that all of the interviews were taking place in places very far away from these peoples homes and they must have passed so many needy children just driving to the airport not to mention flying all over the world. It's a wonderful thing for any child anywhere to have a home and parents that love them but I just wonder sometimes why pass so many up to get to that one?

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:36 am

I think part of it is that in the adoption world there are all sorts of horror stories about adopting locally - the original parents wanting their kids back and causing all kinds of legal trouble, kids getting older and wanting to reconnect or discover their roots, or kids getting pissed because they found out after years of being lied to...all sorts of time bombs waiting to happen. With adopting overseas, the likelihood of shit like that happening is near 0%. Also, with kids that don't share your ethnicity, it's much easier to explain that they are adopted (since it's obvious), giving them a much better chance at accepting the new parents, than, say, finding out when they get older and resenting their adoptive parents for hiding the truth because there was no real way to tell on the child's part.

Dexes

Post by Dexes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:50 pm

john doe by choice wrote:...the original parents wanting their kids back and causing all kinds of legal trouble [...] With adopting overseas, the likelihood of shit like that happening is near 0%.
Try telling madonna.

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:00 pm

People can fly??
Drums

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:19 pm

I tried adopting an 18 year old stripper from one of those former Soviet block countries but it sadly didn't work out
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:36 pm

Dexes wrote:
john doe by choice wrote:...the original parents wanting their kids back and causing all kinds of legal trouble [...] With adopting overseas, the likelihood of shit like that happening is near 0%.
Try telling madonna.
Eh, her and Brangelina makes themselves easy targets - they're rich (and, according to the media, stupid), and they keep going back to the countries the adopt from, which still makes those occurrences near 0%, since people like that represent way less than 1% of adoption cases.

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:42 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:I tried adopting an 18 year old stripper from one of those former Soviet block countries but it sadly didn't work out

:lol:

That's why I just "lease" them now.
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:15 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:I tried adopting an 18 year old stripper from one of those former Soviet block countries but it sadly didn't work out
She left me too. I thought she went back to you. Guess not. Where did we go wrong?

milfhuntr

Post by milfhuntr » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:22 pm

The cuteness of the little Chinese girls. Problem is they grow up to look like Margaret Cho.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:03 pm

milfhuntr wrote:The cuteness of the little Chinese girls. Problem is they grow up to look like Margaret Cho.
you fuckwit, Margaret Cho is Korean.

wow. white people. :roll:
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:07 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
milfhuntr wrote:The cuteness of the little Chinese girls. Problem is they grow up to look like Margaret Cho.
you fuckwit, Margaret Cho is Korean.

wow. white people. :roll:

So, older Chinese look Korean? I don't get it?
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"