Bypass Kore 2 plug-in scanning?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beats me

Bypass Kore 2 plug-in scanning?

Post by beats me » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:33 pm

I haven't used Kore in awhile, possibly not at all since I got my new computer many months ago. So I decide to fire it up in stand alone mode and it starts the plug-in scan process by default. I keep getting error messages on some plug-ins because either they won't work or it tells me to locate a file. It would be fine if it just gave me a bypass button for each time it does that but it demands I do something. Sometimes it's options work and other times they don't. It doesn't freeze up my computer but it won't move forward and won't quit. I can't force quit it and I have to hard shut down and reboot my computer to get it to close.

Most frustrating it got to my UAD plug-ins, and I think I have all of them, and it gives me a message about not having used the plug-in in awhile and I either hit OK to agree or cancel if I don't agree and regardless of which I click it doesn't do anything. And it's doing this for every single UAD plug-in I have. So hard shut down, reboot, it scans again, bypasses the UAD plug-in it just froze up on, and then hits me with the exact same bullshit on the next UAD plug-in. WTF?

glitchrock-buddha

Re: Bypass Kore 2 plug-in scanning?

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:57 pm

You should clean out your Kore database cache. Whenever it scans your plug-ins, it makes default KSDs for them . Even after you remove plug-ins, it still sometimes thinks they are there and when you put them back it can still be messed up.

What system you on?

For me, it's at:
Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Kore/Database cache

And there is a setting in preferences to scan plug-ins at start-up. Have that off. As well as the validate plug-ins on scan. When you have new ones, it will detect them and ask you if you want to rescan. Or you can hit that anytime in preferences. Update means scan new ones, rescan is rescan all of 'em.

Whenever you get something weird going on, delete the database cache ksd for the plug-in and rescan. If you don't want Kore to see it, take the KSDs out of your plug-in database cache and don't rescan. I'd just move troublesome VSTs out of my VST folder altogether though personally.
Professional Shark Jumper.

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:29 am

With XP, the database cache you want's at (turn on show hidden files and folders):

Documents and Settings\*your user account\Local Settings\Application Data\Native Instruments\Kore 2\Database Cache

If you're on Windows, I'd have your UAD plugins in a folder that Kore doesn't scan- Kore doesn't do PDC, and you;'re going to have uncompensated latency.
How to use that with Live, considering that both Kore and Live only allow you to name one plugin folder? Use a shortcut to the other folder inside one of the folders; Live recognizes those.

Your Kore forum moderator,
ew

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:23 am

Thanks for the responses. I'm on OSX 10.5.

Is any of this something I can do before I open up Kore the next time or do I have to let it continue to go through it's scan crash bullshit until it finally opens and I can change the preferences?

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:06 am

beats me wrote:Thanks for the responses. I'm on OSX 10.5.

Is any of this something I can do before I open up Kore the next time or do I have to let it continue to go through it's scan crash bullshit until it finally opens and I can change the preferences?
Take your problematic VSTs out of the folder that Kore scans. And delete the plug-in KSDs from the database cache folder (These get remade on scan). You can do both of those without opening Kore.
Professional Shark Jumper.

vicz

Post by vicz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:23 am

If you look at Activity Monitor when Kore hangs you will see a process called something like 'auvaltool or vstvaltool' -can't remember exactly - if you highlight then force quit this process Kore will continue and you wont need to reboot etc. - only works with Kore plugin though, not the standalone.