Saturday: Come join throwing shoes at the pope.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
leedsquietman

Re: Saturday: Come join throwing shoes at the pope.

Post by leedsquietman » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:59 am

I edited a very long, tedious reply because there's not really any point trying to debate this here, needless to say I disagree with some *much* of what you said but I'm not going to make any impact arguing with you, except to say there is more than one side to any story.

Saying things like 'let's throw shoes at the Pope' however, makes you look a lot less of an intelligent man than you are too Russ. You're also better and smarter than that. I don't agree with you on some things but I do respect you in a lot of other ways. Inciting violence is not one of them though, and you seem a peaceful and tolerant person usually.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:06 am

There are always things that push us to act. Peadophilia is one of them. I cannot respect catholic teachings or views and would seriously question anyone who could support them in todays day and age. By your own admission, you are a lapsed and lazy catholic. I am glad to hear it, it is only small step further to denouncing the churches stance on homsexuality, contraception etc. Once you have taken that step, you cannot stand united with your church.

The two are incompatible. I think I know enough about you to assume you are neither a sympathiser of predatory peadophiles shielded criminally by the pope and the catholic church as a whole for which they willl not facxe any kind of trial, nor are you a homophobe or someone who denies the right of women to decide on their own actions in sexual matters.

Their teachings and stance on these issues are wrong, fundamentally and wholly, as any right thinking human would agree.

Unless I am going to get this new 'pick and choose from the bible' christianity I hear about nowadays on these ere forums?

Nobody likes being attacked, but sometimes it is better to say sorry first to avoid the problems.

I dont see the pope going to gay rights meetings to discuss religion with them nor to dissuade the gang of catholic die hards that stand chanting outside the one catholic church that does allow gays every week in London. Nor do I see he has any agenda to meet the victims of abuse that his church created to apologise.

there are many things he could do to improve things but instead he chooses to critiscise the UK for its 'Aggressive secularism'.

Pfffft, you don't like it, go away.

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:21 am

I find it very disturbing that so many people still buy into all the superstitious, supernatural mumbo jumbo.

Wake up people, it's all bullshit. Time to take responsibility for our own lives.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:31 am

That aside, I want to hear them say homophobia and the promotion of anti-abortion and anti-contraception is fundamentally wrong and that they will force the peadophiles and those that shielded them, to the very top of their insidious little hierarchy, to face criminal proceedings for their actions.

How on earth do they expect respect with that kind of outlook?

Ridiculous.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:35 am

This is how we do Bonfire Night in Sussex:

http://hubpages.com/hub/No-Popery---Lew ... nt-Martyrs

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:07 pm

UKRuss wrote:This is how we do Bonfire Night in Sussex:

ah it all becomes clear! Russ is of the olde school Tudor 'rip their fingernails off and shove red hot pokers up their arses until they renounce their catholicism' lineage of anti-catholic. All this Richard Dawkins stuff is just a smokescreen. :D

ianomurchu

Post by ianomurchu » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:12 pm

UKRuss wrote:This is how we do Bonfire Night in Sussex:

I agree with every thing you are saying re the Pope and the crimes that have been perpetrated under the protection of the Catholic Church, I also get the trolling aspect of your posts, but heres the rub!! Do you think that the Irish (substitute Indian Nigerian or any other former colony) for example should throw shoes at the queen when she visits us here next year? We will pay huge euroage for her presence here and crimes in her name in the past have not been apologised for and never could be really!! Point is directing hatred at figure heads rather than at the root of the problem is puerile and silly!

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:19 pm

You may throw shoes at the Queen.

ianomurchu

Post by ianomurchu » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:28 pm

UKRuss wrote:You may throw shoes at the Queen.
Cool!

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Jarvisimon wrote:why don't you all just grab him and gang rape his ass?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHRDfut2 ... r_embedded#!
This deserves to be posted again for posterity btw, I forgot to thank you for posting.

Genius.

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:33 pm

UKRuss wrote:Homophobic, paedophile sympathisers, anti-abortion, anti-contraception, aids spreading-by- their- message leaders are NOT welcome.

You cannot justify the stance of he catholic church on any of these issues Leeds.

They are a disgrace, and he is the leader of that human embarassment.

Imagine the good he could do in Africa to dimish the Aids problem if his leaders in Africa promoted instead of denied the people the use of condoms.

Idiocy, pure and simple.
THIS!
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:10 am

I'm not a lazy Catholic at all, I am not someone who fervently attends Church but still goes on a fairly regular basis (my wife and I being ill is a factor in this) and I believe you are a Christian through your actions, and that the lazy Catholics are the minority who attend every Sunday to make up for not acting as such and sometimes out of guilt (not that I am deterring attendance, just sayin'). I have been actively involved in a lot of fundraising and serving the homeless etc within the Church.

It's more practical to get laws passed on a government level if you want to address pedophilia. Catholics abhorr this as much as anyone but what has happened with a minority of priests is just a reflection of society, that they exist. The new policy is to eradicate this as priority number one, it's caused a lot of people to get disaffected with the Church and certainly one reason I was hoping someone other than Pope Benedict would become Pope was to get a new start. However, he is not a pedophile himself, nor is he a sympathizer and neither are 99.9% of people within the Church. Kids have been abused by soccer/hockey/baseball coaches, in the Scouts, in Youth clubs, in foster homes etc. by people from other religious or non religious affililiations in at least the same measure. The Pope is a figurehead, he is not God. Just as many British people don't agree with the Royal Family or if Queen Elizabeth II came up to you and said 'By Royal Command, I demand you jump off a cliff' would you do it ?

Most Catholics I know, in the UK and Canada, don't care a lot about a person's sexuality and most use birth control. Whether the Pope likes it or not, not everything he says or does is representative of the people who follow the Church, just as everything Prince Charles or the Queen says is not representative of much of the UK public. Most of us are not so brain washed as to leap on every word and act as such.

So your list as quoted by Tod is very generalized and given that you don't know how the Catholic Church works, as you have no personal experience of it, you'll never get it as you won't see the large number of positives and all the stuff that happens to save lives. Most of Africa is not predominantly Catholic btw, Islam and tribal beliefs are much more common in the majority of countries in North and Central Africa. You can't scapegoat the Pope for everything. You should also be careful about what you read on Google being accurate !! (of course, stuff in the media is gospel truth with no distortions, hyping up, etc).

Nothing is 'plain and simple' here at all. It's very complex and multi-faceted.

Believe what you want, throw your shoes, cause some civil unrest if you must. Pay the consequences if you go too far. It'll be water off a duck's back for the Pope anyway.

I am sorry I fell for the bait here. Wind this back and I was joking along, and I am not going to contribute to this thread beyond this. Some people PMed me, if you want to talk more, or even hate on me then you can PM me.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:10 am

I don't want to hate on you Leeds. But don't ask me to respect your religion. It is a shame if it becomes a devisive factor for us, but in the same way you cannot compromise your beliefs I don't see why I have to compromise mine.

What you described above paints you not as a catholic, simply as someone who has some spiritual belief in a god. Catholics believe the bible is the word of god and the pope is his conduit on earth. Therefore he is responsible.

You may not buy into that and I'm glad to hear it, perhaps you could spend more time trying to influence your church and your leader, whether you like it or not, to change.

This 'pick and mix' religion you describe is merely an attempt to passify those who disagree with the church. You're upset, I can understand that but you still havent denounced your church and you leaders for their part in organised cover up of peadophiles, child rapists.

It may be that intelligent people such as yourselves are setting up some kind of new catholicism by ignoring the teaching of your church on issues such as contraception but you know it isn't going to be sanctioned by your leader.

This describes a church out of touch with it's congregation which is linked heavily to the radical decline in numbers attending church here in the UK and the fire sale of church buildings across the country.

How would you react to someone who tells you they believe in something but then attaches conditions to make it more palatable to them?

Hey, I'm vegetarian but I reslly like bacon so I still eat that...

You'd come to the same conclusion that I do about your catholic beliefs:

If you can't eat the whole plate, why bother at all?

In any case none of this makes me feel any better about a criminal visiting our country on taxpayers money. He should be made to answer for his crimes just as any other person would be.

housemunky

Post by housemunky » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:10 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmc6tR2V ... re=related

Why can't we all be friends. Except homophobic, pro-HIV, anti-abortionist paedophile-protectors.

DRStudio

Post by DRStudio » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:46 pm