ClyphX – Utility script for Live 8 and 9 (and Live 7 too)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
filter_7

Re: ClyphX – Utility script for Live 8 and 9 (and Live 7 too)

Post by filter_7 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:38 pm

Tweaking Knobs wrote:Hi, I cant figure out if I can map a value of a device ( arpegiator ) that sits inside a drumrack on a simpler, anyone know how to do this ?
I see you have Live 9 std, but I post what I found with Max for Live to see if there's a similar solution with Clyphx.

With this device you can 'block' unwanted parameters in order to jump between chosen values:
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... -parameter

- or -

The easiest solution is put the same simpler on 3 pads, each one with a different arpeggiator time (this without Clyphx or M4L).

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:48 pm

Tweaking Knobs wrote:
shadx312 wrote:To the OP, don't forget you can also map a range of keys to lives device controls.

So if you have somethig like a 61 key keyboard you could reserve an octave for changing the arp speed knob.
You would turn on the midi mapping then hold down the beginning and end keys you want mapped, then the knob will interpolate the lowest to highest values with the keys. You'll need to find the right number of keys for the right number if values though.

Just trying to keep simplicity in mind.

Thanks yeah i know that feature, but i wanna do it with clyphX,

I have read the manual, i know that xtriggers can be

X clips
Xcontols
Xcues

and they trigger action lists,

they must have an indentifier like: [ whatever ]
identifiers are not needed for x-controls (the ones you would use via Midi controller.

but i still dont know how to do what i want,

how do i tell clyphX , to set the rate of the arpegiator to a certain value,
that is inside a simpler that is in a rack whicj its at the same time on a drumrack ?

This description doesn't make any sense and was what threw me off the first time: An arp can not be "inside" a Simpler, as a Midi effect it only can come before the instrument.
So I'll assume you mean you have a DrumRack. On one pad of that DrumRack you have one MidiFX Rack in which you first placed the Arp and then after that the Simpler.

The easiest thing to do would be to assign the Arp rate to a macro of that MidieffectsRack. (let's say macro 1)

To control this macro now via clyphx, first try it out with an x-clip.

(for the following example I will assume your Drumrack to be the first device on the first track and your MidiRack to be the first chain in the DrumRack. (Watch out that this is really the case, because the pads don't necessarily correspond to the chain number )
So make a clip somewhere in your set, and rename it to:

[clip] 1/Dev1.1.1 B1 P1 64

Triggering this clip should make the macro with your rate jump to the midway point which is 1/3

Do this with more values and find out which rate corresponds to what value.

Now go to Lives Preferences and select the controller you want to use as the Input source for clyphx (output stays unassigned)

Then go into the user settings file you find in the clyphx MidiRemote script folder.

Go to the User Controls section

and enter a new entry.
(this assumes your Midi Controller sends on Channel 1 and the Button you want to assign is CC 1)

Arp_rate_1/3 = cc, 1, 1, 1/Dev1.1.1 B1 P1 64

Save this file (in the same location, just overwrite the existing one)
Then go into Lives preferences and deselct clyphx as a control surface, and select it again. (this is to reload the new files settings)

Now triggering the button sets the Arp to 1/3

mylkoa

Post by mylkoa » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:41 pm

dr.mysterium wrote:[Dr. M's Hybrid Script Technique] or {How I Learned to love and combine Clyphx and STC}
Hi Dr. M,
Could you post a video of what this setup looks like and how you use it in a musical way?
Cheers,
P.S. Nice soundcloud tunes!