Push 3 auto-arm broken? Or am I a noob?

Discuss Push with other users.
lasercade

Re: Push 3 auto-arm broken? Or am I a noob?

Post by lasercade » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:50 pm

Hi all,

I'm having this auto-arm issue, and it's driving me absolutely crazy. Are you all still experiencing this problem? Has Ableton been in communication with anyone on a fix?

I have no other controllers besides the PUSH 3.

I'm using the latest Live Beta (11.3.20b1) and uninstalled/reinstalled in the hopes that this would help.

Under Control Surface in Ableton Preferences, no control surfaces are selected. Is that correct? I noticed in the drop-down menu that there is a listing for Push and Push 2 but no Push 3.

Under MIDI Ports, the settings for Push 3, by default, are:
In: Ableton Push 3 MIDI (Port 2) Track Selected
In: Ableton Push 3 MIDI (Port 3) Track Selected
Out: Ableton Push 3 MIDI (Port 2) Nothing Selected
Out: Ableton Push 3 MIDI (Port 3) Nothing Selected

Thanks for your help

lasercade

Post by lasercade » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:32 pm

I reported this issue to Ableton support. They said they would look into it.

I do worry whether they were looking into it when it was previously reported. This really makes the PUSH much less usable.

Has anyone managed to fix this? I can only get tracks to Arm on "Long-Press."

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:00 pm

You will not see a control surface for Push 3, it connects behind the scenes automatically. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question?

lasercade

Post by lasercade » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:19 pm

Tarekith,

Yes, I've subsequently found the information that the PUSH 3 does not need to be set up as a control surface. Thanks for the confirmation.

To be clear, that's not my issue. (It was just a question in the hopes of leading to a solution.)

The issue is that the tracks do not auto-arm using the PUSH 3, as they should on selection. I have to hold down the track button for a while (a "long press") in order to have the column turn red and arm the track.

I've uploaded a video of what I'm experiencing. Ableton Support confirmed that this was not expected behavior. Is this what you're experiencing as well?

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xjdad4l9 ... ssnn9&dl=0

Thanks

ThomasKlemp

Post by ThomasKlemp » Thu May 09, 2024 7:53 am

Nothing has happened since one year - this really drives me crazy.
if you click in any track with mouse - the track gets armed - if you use push 2 or shut down push3 everything acts normal.This bug drives me mad, especially if you arm a hardware synth and click in any other track you loose the focus or arm more than one track.I also like to see the played midi patterns by push, if I select an other track and want to jam, to the visualed pads, which is no more posiible, because if you click into this track it gets armed and the track you want to record looses the arm, or if you switch exlusive arm on push both gets armedIt's a total disaster and drives me mad