apollo x16 UA console users, channel routing in ableton not matching

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Lee Moon

apollo x16 UA console users, channel routing in ableton not matching

Post by Lee Moon » Mon May 06, 2024 8:48 pm

Hi, thanks for reading, this is a weird one and im probably not going to explain it very well but anyone who is using apollo x16 interface may be able to help me.
Im having issues with trying to set up my outboard synths and drum machines using 2x apollo x16 which give me 32 channels, I have recently added the second apollo x 16 and since then im having problems getting the channels to mimic how they are in console, they all are rigged correctly because they are correct in console, the signals correspond how they should to my gear, however when i set the corresponding channels in Ableton for some reason all the signals are coming through channel 27/28.
so inputs 1-16 are coming through on the correct channels but also on inputs 27/28, but any inputs from 16-32 only seem to come out on channel 27-28, however before i added the second apollo x16 it worked perfectly, i used to just route the 16 cables to the outputs of my 32 channel mixer, i added the second apollo so i didnt have to do this and each output on my mixer was permanently routed in.
also just to disclose im a beginer to ableton, any ideas would be much appriciated as i just cant figure it out.

Many thanks

Lee