Push 3 Jog Wheel loose/wobbles

Discuss Push with other users.
089jonas

Push 3 Jog Wheel loose/wobbles

Post by 089jonas » Thu May 16, 2024 12:54 pm

Hi all,

I recently ordered a Push 3 and I noticed that its Jog Wheel seems kinda loose. No problem when pressing down to select or when nudging left/right, but especially when I scroll, the Jog Wheel raises slightly out of the housing, which makes it feel lose (you can also move it slightly, when you pull the Wheel towards yourself. It also audibly rattles if you shake the push). I already talked to the support and they told me that this is normal, which I to be honest cannot quite believe. Did anyone of you experience something like this, maybe also on other encoders? I thought a device as expensive as the Push 3 should be build rigid without rattling noises etc.

Just_Pierre

Re: Push 3 Jog Wheel loose/wobbles

Post by Just_Pierre » Thu May 16, 2024 1:10 pm

That is absolutly not normal! The raising on turning the Jog Wheel and rattling while shaking the Push 3 looks to me like a hardware problem. My Push 3 (standalone) doesn't behave like this.

What you can do yourself, pull off the Jog Wheel and put in back again. Maybe it was not good enough placed. (I don't know if there is a little screw to hold the Jog Wheel on its place).

If the problem can not be solved and support doesn't want to help you, ask for a refund and send the Push 3 back.