Search found 719 matches

by lapieuvre
Thu May 03, 2018 11:21 am
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Poor audio quality when recording (again)
Replies: 40
Views: 7569

Re: Poor audio quality when recording (again)

andrepires wrote:@lapieuvre
Since it is very small difference now, I'm happy enough to continue using Ableton because the workflow on Ableton is great.
I totally agree. I just hope they keep improving their audio engine and export function, and I'll just be happier.
by lapieuvre
Thu May 03, 2018 11:15 am
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Poor audio quality when recording (again)
Replies: 40
Views: 7569

Re: Poor audio quality when recording (again)

100 stems? what kind of music do you work on? Live music, hard to say what style it is, a mix of rock, pop, world with full orchestra ( recorded) It goes in Ableton live, 32 outputs, sound system with 80 speakers, a surround mapper to make the sound travel from any source. 3 to 8 piece band. Lots o...
by lapieuvre
Wed May 02, 2018 7:06 am
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Poor audio quality when recording (again)
Replies: 40
Views: 7569

Re: Poor audio quality when recording (again)

Glad you found the problem. But know that there is a difference of audio quality between DAW's. Not huge but it's there. My suggestion is when you export a mix from Ableton, export in 32 bits. I did some tests and there is a difference in the sound. The test I made was this one: Take a song separate...
by lapieuvre
Tue May 01, 2018 12:20 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Crash on video export in Live 10
Replies: 7
Views: 3156

Re: Crash on video export in Live 10

It's sad that before it was very easy to do, and now we can't do it anymore. I agree this is sad, but as with other not fully working aspects of Live I've lost faith a long time ago in this one. I'm just happy you can use a reference video at all. I hope you have let Ableton know of your concerns? ...
by lapieuvre
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:03 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Crash on video export in Live 10
Replies: 7
Views: 3156

Re: Crash on video export in Live 10

I get your point. But all i need is a video export feature for demo purposes. It's sad that before it was very easy to do, and now we can't do it anymore. BUT PC users still have the feature, because it works fine on windows. I find it annoying to have to export audio then open it in Live 8 32 bits,...
by lapieuvre
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:35 am
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Crash on video export in Live 10
Replies: 7
Views: 3156

Re: Crash on video export in Live 10

Exporting the audio and mounting it with the original source video in any of the free video editing applications doesn't work for you for some reason? I finally was able to export video in Live 64 bits... until now. the music starts before the video, so it's more complicated to bounce it from Live ...
by lapieuvre
Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:03 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Crash on video export in Live 10
Replies: 7
Views: 3156

Crash on video export in Live 10

I finally was able to export video in Live 64 bits... until now. Now I need to give to a film maker what I composed for him and I crash everytime I try to export a video... I tried 2 different settings, without success. (quicktime movie, default setting, 3GP, default setting) Is there any setting th...
by lapieuvre
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:12 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Best small midi keyboard for Live?
Replies: 6
Views: 747

Re: Best small midi keyboard for Live?

SvenH wrote:
lapieuvre wrote:My favorite one is the AKAI MPK261
Not exactly what I would call a small controller :) but thanks anyway!
They have the 25 notes version, the MPK 225
by lapieuvre
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:46 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Best small midi keyboard for Live?
Replies: 6
Views: 747

Re: Best small midi keyboard for Live?

My favorite one is the AKAI MPK261
by lapieuvre
Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:59 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: VIDEO EXPORT PROBLEM
Replies: 19
Views: 7330

Re: VIDEO EXPORT PROBLEM

Forget marketing speak and accept the fact that Live just isn't a worthy video editor environment. If you aspire to be a video pro, then you should work out work flows that you own and not try to force tools into being what they are not. I agree with you, on my side all I ask for is to be able to r...
by lapieuvre
Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:02 am
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: VIDEO EXPORT PROBLEM
Replies: 19
Views: 7330

Re: VIDEO EXPORT PROBLEM

I reported this bug in january 2014... It's only happening on Mac. Last time I was able to render a video in live 64 bits, I left the audio at 44.1Khz. But it was a short video. And yes, I use the 32 bits version too to export video. Support told me it was because Apple never provided a quicktime co...
by lapieuvre
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:14 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Is 2,3 GHz underpowered these days?
Replies: 53
Views: 6999

Re: Is 2,3 GHz underpowered these days?

Be careful,

You have the most powerful mac mini. The 2014 mac mini's are around 40% less powerful than the late 2012.
by lapieuvre
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:51 pm
Forum: Max For Live
Topic: Note on and note off sends 2 bangs (inc/dec)
Replies: 2
Views: 542

Note on and note off sends 2 bangs (inc/dec)

Hi, I try to make an inc / dec device to respond to midi notes. the problem I encounter is that if ever I hit a note to make INC go +1, well it goes +2 because of the release of the midi note sending another bang. I use the Select object to bang the inc. Is there a way to cancel the note off or I sh...
by lapieuvre
Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:50 pm
Forum: Tips & Tricks
Topic: Rebuilt a Live 10 Projekt in a lower version
Replies: 3
Views: 741

Re: Rebuilt a Live 10 Projekt in a lower version

Tarekith wrote:
lapieuvre wrote:Audio effects : Save you presets, the rebuild the effect chain.
Or just group each chain into a rack and save that rack once per track. Might be a little faster.
Good one!