Search found 6196 matches

by stringtapper
Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:36 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Cycling74/Ableton FINALLY!
Replies: 52
Views: 4923

I COULD REALLY GIVE A SHIT ABOUT... This is something I've been wondering about. Is "I could give a shit..." an American thing, or what? In England, we say "I couldn't give a shit about..." and it has the same meaning. To my mind "I could give a shit" means the opposite, but from the use I see here...
by stringtapper
Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:14 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Cycling74/Ableton FINALLY!
Replies: 52
Views: 4923

And surely it's no coincidence that 7 + 4 = 11
by stringtapper
Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:36 am
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Cycling74/Ableton FINALLY!
Replies: 52
Views: 4923

Tone Deft wrote:ableton_c74 circle jerk patch

Image
As was pointed out early on, that patch could very well create a stack overflow, which would inhibit the jerkage and severely limit the chance of any splooging.
by stringtapper
Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:03 am
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Max/MSP
Replies: 25
Views: 2059

Im still confused. Get used to it. :P But seriously when I started learning Max (and I am still learning after about 2 years now) the first bit of advice that made the biggest impression on me is: First determine what it is you want to do with Max. Basically you can do just about anything in Max th...
by stringtapper
Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Max/MSP
Replies: 25
Views: 2059

I know it is used with the lemur. But read somewhere i think on this forum that it does not let you create VSTs. So how can you use the lemur with live if you need to make the software in max. It would be brilliant if I could make my own control programes to use in live with my padkontrol/xone etc....
by stringtapper
Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:09 am
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Max/MSP
Replies: 25
Views: 2059

I know it is used with the lemur. But read somewhere i think on this forum that it does not let you create VSTs. So how can you use the lemur with live if you need to make the software in max. It would be brilliant if I could make my own control programes to use in live with my padkontrol/xone etc....
by stringtapper
Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:28 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Bipartisan Report: Rumsfeld Responsible for Detainee Abuse
Replies: 15
Views: 787

Re: Bipartisan Report: Rumsfeld Responsible for Detainee Abu

GrooveNinja wrote:Wow, now I'm kind of bummed out, dude.
My pleasure.
by stringtapper
Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:09 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Bipartisan Report: Rumsfeld Responsible for Detainee Abuse
Replies: 15
Views: 787

Re: Bipartisan Report: Rumsfeld Responsible for Detainee Abu

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/11/AR2008121101969.html?hpid=topnews BFD! These were guys who were captured on or around the field of battle, weren't they? So instead of just being shot right fricken there on the spot, they were whisked away to a tropical island, fed th...
by stringtapper
Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:08 am
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: How do you like Ableton's look and feel?
Replies: 57
Views: 3234

hoffman2k wrote:Cue Robert Henke:

"Then you have to emulate the noise of the fans of the devices too. So that you have to turn up the volume to drown out the noise of your equipment"

I'm paraphrasing, but thats the gist of it. :wink:
That's classic. :lol:
by stringtapper
Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:27 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: ot: tom jenkins w/ a drummer
Replies: 11
Views: 1029

fatrabbit wrote:He's using the double-thumbing slap technique I believe.
Correct.
by stringtapper
Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:15 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: When do you think Logic 9 is coming out?
Replies: 10
Views: 866

Re: When do you think Logic 9 is coming out?

The bookstore at my university sells Logic Studio for $149.

INSANE
by stringtapper
Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:40 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: obama wins!!!!!!!
Replies: 158
Views: 8827

Ok I voted for the guy, now where's my check?
by stringtapper
Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:29 am
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Pro vs. Consumer: Who decides?
Replies: 19
Views: 1970

CITYSTATE wrote:He also told me that Logic can't be used on a MacBook.
Is that true? It doesn't seem right.
I have Logic 7 on my Powerbook, but haven't tried Logic 8 on a Macbook.
No, that's not true. That's what we call "horseshit."
by stringtapper
Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:45 am
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Quandary From a financially challenged Republican.
Replies: 129
Views: 10331

Oh I came to this conclusion well before I ever saw this thread my litigious friend. The first three pages were only a reminder of why I feel the way I do. Fair 'nuf, my fine friend from the land up north (or at least 30 minutes away) :) It seems a lot closer now that gas has gone down a bit! Oh, a...
by stringtapper
Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:31 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Quandary From a financially challenged Republican.
Replies: 129
Views: 10331

God I couldn't even get past page three. Fuck what both of your sides want for the world. All the right and left do is push their own world views and their own morals on other people. If it's not the real church, then it's the church of capitalism, and if it's not that then it's the church of envir...