Search found 96 matches

by remute99
Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:34 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Why Ableton is waiting?!
Replies: 18
Views: 2066

Re: Why Ableton is waiting?!

don't risk that way. there are no conspiracies in this world, just coincidences. If it's true that Ableton reputation went down because of version 8 pitfalls.. And then went down further when they fucked off from their own forum and stopped all communication with their customers. Idiots. :roll:
by remute99
Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:42 am
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Vocal Plugins
Replies: 1
Views: 231

Re: Vocal Plugins

rbro wrote:Can anyone recommend a good vocal plug-in or tool that can make a single voice, or several voices sound like hundreds or thousands of voices?

Never tried it but Crowd Chamber is supposed to do just that - http://quikquak.com/Prod_CrowdChamber.html
by remute99
Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:16 pm
Forum: Live 8.3.x Beta
Topic: 64 bit Native Support - Ableton Unable To?
Replies: 47
Views: 17297

Re: 64 bit Native Support - Ableton Unable To?

maaz-eke wrote: Still. What I'm saying is Ableton Live is good enough to HARD work even with only having 32bit version and 64bit is just for peace of mind.
:roll: Hear that everyone - *his* system is fine with 32bit therefore everyone else with problems must be doin' it wrong.
by remute99
Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:02 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Yamaha rx-5 Drum Rack for ableton
Replies: 4
Views: 951

Re: Yamaha rx-5 Drum Rack for ableton

nemanja wrote:Image

Hello people, I just sampled my drum machine Yamaha Rx5 and make some drum rack for ableton.
I put it on free download. Enjoy :wink:
As made famous by The Sisters of Mercy "Floodland" album. Thanks for this.
by remute99
Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:43 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Geez, Ableton 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Replies: 107
Views: 9440

Re: Geez, Ableton 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole, "I'm fine without 64bit so why do you need it," was mildly understandable at first but nowadays just smacks of pig-headed solipsism. It's been explained again and again. Nah, I didn't mean it that way. I just hope it can solve some of the problems people are having, especially as the plu...
by remute99
Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:42 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Geez, Ableton 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Replies: 107
Views: 9440

Re: Geez, Ableton 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why you say? Because of this (and the fucking metal foundry where kits alone are roughly 2gb in memory) I agree, 64 bit functionality is important because of ever increasing plugin memory requirements. HOWEVER, here's another take on this, from a pretty highly regarded developer: http://varietyofso...
by remute99
Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:47 pm
Forum: Live 8.3.x Beta
Topic: 64 bit Native Support - Ableton Unable To?
Replies: 47
Views: 17297

Re: 64 bit Native Support - Ableton Unable To?

I caved and upgraded to Logic 9. Unfuckingbelievable being finally able to use all 10Gb of RAM in a DAW that doesn't crash all the frelling time. 8O I see Ableton's "we're not going to post in our own forums anymore as a way of inculcating our userbase with a sense of loyalty" is working out really ...
by remute99
Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:34 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: What would be the main advantage(s) for 64 bit?
Replies: 38
Views: 4855

Re: What would be the main advantage(s) for 64 bit?

if you ever get a window in live like "out of memory".. and live crashed.. & you have a 64bit window or mac system and mor than 3,5 gb ram you don't get this window again.. hopefully for a very long time. and pretty well your instruments can use more calculating power.."ram" so they can use bigger ...
by remute99
Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:00 pm
Forum: Live 8.3.x Beta
Topic: 64 bit Native Support - Ableton Unable To?
Replies: 47
Views: 17297

Re: 64 bit Native Support - Ableton Unable To?

dokx wrote:Do you think the Abletons don't know what to do?
You've clearly never used Live 8 if you think Ableton know what they're doing. They couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery.
by remute99
Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:43 pm
Forum: Live 8.3.x Beta
Topic: Still OSX Lion problems after upgrade to 8.2.5
Replies: 24
Views: 10127

Re: Still OSX Lion problems after upgrade to 8.2.5

Same problem with my Audio Kontrol 1 and 8.2.6, still using Snow Leopard though.
by remute99
Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:10 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: "Out of memory"
Replies: 6
Views: 395

Re: "Out of memory"

9V wrote:"out of memory"?! are you on a vic 20 or commodore 64? :roll:
WTF? Try using a fully loaded Omnisphere, a fully loaded Kontakt and a couple of other VST like Stylus RMX, Warmverb etc and you'l get this message *all the fucking time*.
This is on an 8 core Mac with 10GB of RAM.
by remute99
Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:31 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: 64 bit Native Support - Ableton Unable To?
Replies: 26
Views: 3840

Re: 64 bit Native Support - Ableton Unable To?

JuanSOLO wrote:
toph wrote: ...64bit support would be welcome but isn't my no.1 wish for Live 9.

agreed

RAM usage is my number 1 problem with Live, always has been. Spectrasonics and NI's have made it easier with their servers but it's about frelling time Ableton sorted it out so more than 3g can be used.
by remute99
Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:29 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Which Sounds Better Nord Electro or NI Komplete?
Replies: 10
Views: 2210

Re: Which Sounds Better Nord Electro or NI Komplete?

3dot... wrote: you'll get much more 'focus' using it than Komplete collection...which is so huge ...


Absolutely, if you all want is keys/organs etc then get the Nord and concentrate on playing/writing instead of installing/troubleshooting and browsing 1,000s of sounds you don't need.
by remute99
Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:43 am
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: *sigh* A Skrillex Sound I Want to Make
Replies: 30
Views: 6046

Re: *sigh* A Skrillex Sound I Want to Make

You could always buy his presets and see how he does it firsthand -
http://www.massivesynth.com/patches/77- ... i-massive/
by remute99
Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:09 pm
Forum: Music and Audio Production
Topic: Is live meant to crash THIS often?!
Replies: 31
Views: 2981

Re: Is live meant to crash THIS often?!

n8tron wrote:I haven't had a crash since early 8.0.X versions. Contact tech support.
:roll: