All times are UTC

Post subject: Ableton Live - Continuos Controller Problem
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:50 pm 

Dear Fellow Abletoners,

I have a Novation Remote SL61 Mk1 MIDI keyboard and am running the latest versions of Ableton Live (9.7.4) on Mac OS (10.12.6). Been alright for ages but have had to re-install Ableton recently and am now getting some weird behaviour.

Using a MIDI monitor the Novation Remote SL61 is sending out continuous controller 20 messages on Chan 1.

Now here's the weird thing. When I run Ableton Live, I cannot alter the value of the volume faders on the Return channels (sometimes A sometimes B). It is jiggling about as if being controlled by the CC BUT I don't seem to have any MIDI CCs assigned that I can find. It even happens when I create a New blank project in Live before I play/record anything!

It's driving me crazy.

Any thoughts/pointers/answers greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Joe

Post subject: Re: Ableton Live - Continuos Controller Problem
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:43 pm 

joehyde01@btinternet.com wrote:
Now here's the weird thing. When I run Ableton Live, I cannot alter the value of the volume faders on the Return channels (sometimes A sometimes B). It is jiggling about as if being controlled by the CC BUT I don't seem to have any MIDI CCs assigned that I can find. It even happens when I create a New blank project in Live before I play/record anything!

That sound like controller is sending one type of message, while Live expects another. For example controller sends relative and Live expects absolute. Also, AFAIR there are 3 types of relative messages, so they have to match between the controller and Live. When you hit Ctrl/Cmd+M and go to MIDI mapping you should be able to change the type of MIDI message that Live thinks it receives. Maybe this will help?

Unless you're using a script, then I don't know? Maybe you were using a custom one and after re-install you're back to default factory script?