All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Live 10 public beta
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:21 pm 

BAMBEROO wrote:
Ableton sent me the link this morning but the code sent (no answer) does not work- anxious to try it, please send a working code!!!!

This is your opportunity to Submit A Bug Report and your first one at that. Just keep to the format

"1. Step by step, what did you do to observe this bug? What did you expect to happen in the first place?
- Steps to reproduce
- Expected behaviour
- Observed behaviour"

and complete all the other steps as instructed and you'll do fine and make your first contribution (of many hopefully) to the Ableton development team as well as the Ableton community, i e all of us users.

We can be heroes…

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:48 pm 

There was an issue with so many people signing up for the public beta at once, and as a result not everyone is getting codes like they were supposed to. Chime in on one of the many threads about it on the Centercode site, and the beta team will email you a new serial.

Please be patient, the number of people that signed up is rather staggering to be honest.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:03 am 

ABLETON HEAD OFFICE TWO DAYS AGO

"OK Guys, today's the day we let the general public try out the Beta. I know it's going to be very hard for everyone because of the huge mass of crazy questions and issues that will get reported but I'm sure we'll get through it just fine as long as nothing technical fucks up, such as the automatic serial number system. I mean. If that goes wrong it's going to turn an already near impossible support situation into a total mindfuck for everyone. Well, I don't know why I even mentioned that to be honest. I'm sure it will all be totally fine and the workload will remain on the correct side of manageable. Good luck everyone !"

ABLETON HEAD OFFICE ONE DAY AGO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:16 am 

LOL :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:51 pm 

I don't want to clutter the beta forum with silly questions that make everyone else roll their eyes, so can someone please enlighten me on the whole HiDPI thing? What is the definition of HiDPI? Does it relate to pixel density or number of pixels? I couldn't really see a difference when I enabled it, and according to the release notes, it is enabled by default with a High DPI display in the latest beta (if I remember correctly), which it wasn't in my case.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:36 pm 

On my laptop when HiDPI is off the ui looks like blurry mush, with it on all the fonts are sharp and crisp. Its very noticeable.

On Mac OS this has been active for a long while, but it's new to Windows.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:12 am 

Sorted.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:13 am 

sporkles wrote:
I couldn't really see a difference when I enabled it, and according to the release notes, it is enabled by default with a High DPI display in the latest beta (if I remember correctly), which it wasn't in my case.

There's a lot of work going on in this area at the moment, so they may have disabled it in the latest beta.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:14 pm 

I just saw that you can drag and copy with the mouse but how does it work?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:48 pm 

I made a thread asking if something had finally been implemented but got told to go to centrecode...so I'll ask here as it's not really a beta question, more a general functionality question ;)

Can I move multiple selected discrete audio events on multiple tracks without affecting others in Live 10? ie is there a way to click/select a number of audio events on different tracks and drag them without selecting a random chunk of time and pieces of unrelated audio in Live 10?

Y=buy L10
N=finally learn a bit of the Logic X that's sitting here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7