Importing Files - Live Lite

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fijianprince63

Importing Files - Live Lite

Post by fijianprince63 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:25 am

Hey people, I just recently got a Launchkey 49 and it came with Live lite, so I'm learning everything slowly. But I can't seem to import files.. like any to a session. I've tried dragging wave, mp3 and m4a and I get the same 'forbidden' mouse pointer. I tried following the steps it showed on ableton's support but still nothing. Does live lite not allow any form of importing? Would love to hear something from you guys.

Thanks!

fijianprince63

Re: Importing Files - Live Lite

Post by fijianprince63 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:34 am

Yep I've read through those my guy, I even ran the app as admin and did the notify thing but I'm still getting the same issue. I'm unable to drag any samples into the ableton whatsoever.. I converted the same sample to wav and mp3 formats to see if they'd work and still nothing. I was thinking that maybe it was a live lite thing but I must be doing something wrong here? The file has a 44.1khz sample rate, with a 32 bit resolution so it should be supported right..? Do I need a plugin of some sort?

dattguy

Re: Importing Files - Live Lite

Post by dattguy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:34 pm

also having the same problem on my windows cp, im running Suite and still having the same problem after running Ableton as admin