Live 11 and Camel Audio Alchemy

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
sporkles

Re: Live 11 and Camel Audio Alchemy

Post by sporkles » Fri May 14, 2021 6:14 pm

Ugh… New computer, and I just can’t find the Alchemy installers… I know that I had them neatly stored in a folder … somewhere, but two of my external drives were DOA when I was searching for the installers. :evil: I wouldn’t mind letting Alchemy go all that much if it weren’t for all the cool Alchemy libraries I also invested in back in the day. I did make a complete backup of my old system drive a while ago, so I do have all the program data files, but I guess simply dropping them into the same folder on the new computer won’t work…

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Fri May 14, 2021 6:52 pm

So is the current Apple version only available in Logic?

I had an issue with Image Line products load with blank GUIs. I reinstalled them to fix it.

Maybe a reinstall would work. I think one time with Alchemy I deleted the 32 bit folder and the 64 bit came up blank.

The nice thing about Alchemy is your authorization is built in.

If is stopped working it wouldn't be the end of the world since I've gotten a zillion other synths since then. I don't use it because I forget its there.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Mon May 24, 2021 8:13 pm

Phew! I managed to get Alchemy working by copying the files from the ProgramData folder from my backup drive and the .dll from the VST folder! Even my patch ratings are intact :D And in the process, I noticed that all the samples from the various Alchemy libraries are in fact in wave format. That's very interesting!