No Midi Signals from Alesis Q25?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
IgnatzM

No Midi Signals from Alesis Q25?

Post by IgnatzM » Sun May 16, 2021 2:59 pm

Hey

I am brand new to using any kind of MIDI controller or DAW so please bear with me. I recently purchased the Alesis Q25 MIDI controller because a friend recommended it as a good starter, and because it came with Ableton Live 10 Lite. I am using Windows 7, and my laptop meets Live 10's requirements, though I did have some trouble installing - it seemed to install fine after I cleared some room for it though. But now it's not detecting any MIDI signals from my controller? I know it will not make sounds unless I use the instruments that come with Live on a MIDI track, but I can't even get the signals for a track and I'm not sure what else to try. I definitely have Track and Remote for the Q25 switched on in my preferences, and I know there's no problem with the controller because I can use it just fine in Melodics (a very basic keys tutorial that comes with it). Does anybody know what I should do/try? Very happy to provide further details if that is required. Thanks x