Fades - How to turn them off?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Scherer

Re: Fades - How to turn them off?

Post by Scherer » Tue May 22, 2018 9:39 pm

Tarekith wrote:Live doesn't apply any sort of fade out to exports other than the ones you draw on the track. Sorry, not sure what you're referring to. :(
Well, it seems it does. When exporting a drum loop (consisting of 2 midi tracks) the very first kick sounds different to the rest. See the picture: The first transient looks different to all others, although the in track the same sounds are playing. Everything should sound exactly the same, but it simply doesn't.

EvenE

Post by EvenE » Thu May 07, 2020 5:16 pm

Right click on audio clip and press reset fades

niourk

Post by niourk » Sat May 09, 2020 11:57 am

Live doesn't apply any sort of fade out to exports other than the ones you draw on the track. Sorry, not sure what you're referring to. :(
in my case yes...

first kick attack is not the same than second kick attacK
i don't know how to fix this
electronik music is good for U

niourk

Post by niourk » Sat May 09, 2020 11:59 am

still, if you export the sound even if you reset fades the first attack of the first kick is not the same.
if you go on consolidate folder of the track same thing the first kick attack is not there...
electronik music is good for U

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sat May 09, 2020 12:37 pm

niourk wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 11:59 am
still, if you export the sound even if you reset fades the first attack of the first kick is not the same.
if you go on consolidate folder of the track same thing the first kick attack is not there...
Are you really sure there's not fade applied?
Even if you didn't apply any but have the "automatic fades" option turned on you'll get small fades on clips' start and end point.
Ableton Forum Moderator

pwoehl

Post by pwoehl » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:34 am

I'm using Live 11 Suite and I can't make it default to "No Fades". The "Create Fades at Clip Edges" preference is off, yet when I drag in a clip, the yellow "Fade" button is always on by default. So what is the purpose of this preference which seems to do nothing?
ASUS Z97-A motherboard, Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz CPU, 32GB RAM, 2 500GB SSD's, Nvidia GeForce 210, 2 27"LG IPS HD displays, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Windows 10 Pro, Cubase Pro 9, Ableton Live 9