Breakcore

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:04 am

manwell wrote:Sticking 'core' on the end of a word is just quicker than a complete description of the style of music, they're not new genres it's just a small section of a wider one.

If you're trying to describe Sickboy's music for example, Mashcore is easier than saying 'well it's like breakcore but it's around 200-220bpm and made from sampled pop and rock songs and tv themes with mostly gabba beats rather than amens, kind of like an extreme 2 Many Djs but better'. I think Shitmat came up with the term originally.

Similarly Chipcore is like breakcore but mostly made using C64s, SID chips and gameboys etc.

Look on last fm, these terms aren't genres but are useful when trying to describe areas within breakcore which is a huge genre.

If you like those how about Clowncore and Yardcore.

Oh yeah and I forgot Murderbot who makes incredibly musical jungle with hiphop and ragga samples, rave synths and the best amens you will ever hear. Check out his album Ruff in the Bunny Fizzness.
Great explanation. Chipcore to me is very viable. How else do you describe breackore made on Game Boys?

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:10 am

Besides, isn't it the golden rule of electronic music that once you have 6 bands that sound similar, you must create a new genre? :lol:

zappen

Post by zappen » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:21 am

stonee wrote:check out www.myspace.com/jonbobssite

yes, jonbob is a good freind of mine, but his potential to blow into the scene is crazy.

he makes some of the most rediculous breakcore i've heard.

check out his music video too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WLEa1q6Qgw
the video sounds like jungle/drum&bass to me