How to slice up an Acapella into MIDI & maintain new tem

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
msodrew

How to slice up an Acapella into MIDI & maintain new tempo?

Post by msodrew » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:40 am

So I've got an acapella track that I've managed to adjust perfectly with the tempo of my song (or remix, persay). So I've got one (1) warp marker (and no others) at where the acapella appropriately starts and have set the tempo to 156.99 and it matches up great via the "Warp Straight" context command.

However, When I select the audio track and then ask Live 7 to slice it into a new MIDI track, the new MIDI track has the old, original song's tempo (which is faster).

How can I slice it into a MIDI track while maintaining the adjusted tempo of the acapella? The new MIDI track plays the acapella too fast which is at its original tempo.

Thanks for any help 8O

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:03 am

Resample it to a new audio track, at the new (warped) tempo. Slice up the resampled audio file into a drumrack.

Or, put warp markers EVERYWHERE and slice like that.
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

msodrew

Post by msodrew » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:18 am

[quote="logic_user99"]Resample it to a new audio track, at the new (warped) tempo. Slice up the resampled audio file into a drumrack.

Or, put warp markers EVERYWHERE and slice like that.[/quote

How do you "resample it into a new audio track at the new warped tempo" ?

Thx much

msodrew

Post by msodrew » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:06 pm

Alright I figured it out... just exported the .wavs as the appropriate BPM then reimported them into live.

Problem is, I have those pitch change problems where you get a bit of noise in the background during the vocals... sounds "wavey" if you know what I mean since the tempo of the original vocals was turned down.

What effects racks or procedures could I use to help eliminate this "noise" in the background?

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:06 pm

msodrew wrote:Alright I figured it out... just exported the .wavs as the appropriate BPM then reimported them into live.

Problem is, I have those pitch change problems where you get a bit of noise in the background during the vocals... sounds "wavey" if you know what I mean since the tempo of the original vocals was turned down.

What effects racks or procedures could I use to help eliminate this "noise" in the background?
Resample - Read the Live manual. You can resample the output of the master channel, or you can just send the audio to another audio track and record the clip that way.

Once you've 'resampled' the vocal line, you can't really remove any re-pitching/timestreching 'noise'. Play with your settings before you rerecord.
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |