[ot] 40 facts about sleep you probably didn't know..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:01 pm

Recently, I've noticed that my brother has become a sleep walker...

The first time I noticed this, I woke to find him pissing on a TV stand in a room we were sharing at them time...

The 2nd time, I woke to have him hovering over my bed, and then pissing right next to my head...

3rd time, I was brushing my teeth before work, and as I shut off the faucet, I hear what sounded like water coming down, but outside...

I walked out the bathroom, and I hear it coming from his room (steps away). I open the door, and there he is, eyes closed, pissing in the middle of his room...

I think it's cause he gets really wasted (drinking) and doesn't sleep much...
If you can imagine it, it can happen...

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:05 pm

If my brother ever pissed near my head I would have punched or kicked him in his crotch. I think if you constantly do this the fear of getting kicked in the balls will cure his sleep peeing.

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:18 pm

Good advice!!

rozling

Post by rozling » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:21 pm

weeddigger

Post by weeddigger » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:31 pm

OMG that was hilarious!!!

aqua_tek

Re: [ot] 40 facts about sleep you probably didn't know..

Post by aqua_tek » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:45 am

NECROBUMP, BITCHES!

man I've been suffering from horrible insomnia lately. Can't find a way to get some shuteye until 5 or 6 am, then either end up sleeping all the way up til 2 PM and wasting my day, or succeeding in my effort to wake up not so late but feeling like utter shit the rest of the day.

Been trying to avoid sleeping pills... but I may need to pop a pair for a few nights while my sleep schedule settles into something proper.

YAY or NAY?

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:08 am

nay.

Just turn your computers and TVs off and have a nice relaxing evening reading some books on the sofa, give yourself a chance to shutdown.

leonard

Post by leonard » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:49 am

NECROBUMP, BITCHES!

man I've been suffering from horrible insomnia lately. Can't find a way to get some shuteye until 5 or 6 am, then either end up sleeping all the way up til 2 PM and wasting my day, or succeeding in my effort to wake up not so late but feeling like utter shit the rest of the day.

Been trying to avoid sleeping pills... but I may need to pop a pair for a few nights while my sleep schedule settles into something proper.

YAY or NAY?
i've routinely been getting about 3-4 hours a night, sometime no sleep at all for the last few months. i find if the days i exercise to get an elevated heart rate for an hour or so i sleep much better. it's winter so i haven't been able to do it as much.
???

Big V

Post by Big V » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:59 pm

There is a method but I forgot what it's called.
However, it's all about getting up at exactly the same time every morning, no matter how late you went to bed the previous night and no matter how exhausting your day after waking up will be. Simple as that..
But it's only adequate if your problems with insomnia are temporarily.
jazz is a woman's tongue in your mouth
cool, licking you slowly, revolving around
inside your cheeks.
letting you know who's come to visit.

glenn303

Post by glenn303 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:38 pm

-The record for the longest period without sleep is 18 days, 21 hours, 40 minutes during a rocking chair marathon. The record holder reported hallucinations, paranoia, blurred vision, slurred speech and memory and concentration lapses.
Rocking chair marathon? is that some new slang for cocaine? :lol:

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:24 am

aqua_tek wrote:NECROBUMP, BITCHES!

YAY or NAY?
Going through the same thing and also scared about sleeping pills.

I am experimenting with Tylenol PM and so far it helps, I just dont want to use it a lot and become dependent on it.

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:05 am

"No-one knows for sure if other species dream but some do have sleep cycles similar to humans."

I think my dog dreams.. She'll do a tiny little bark and wiggle her paws like she's running, and if you happen to wake her up while she's doing this she'll be startled when she wakes.. I think she's dreamin' about chasing squirrels. 8)

ThrowAway

Post by ThrowAway » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:38 am

I have some insane bouts with insomnia and irregular sleeping patterns. When it starts again I get a really good workout on, usually heavy lifting or a lot of pullups and one legged squats. that usually does it but if it doesnt, Ill also set my alarm for 6 am for a couple of days and forcing myself to stay up till 9pm with out any naps. Few days of this and all is well.

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:42 am

yeay, I had some little insomnia before, I read lots of thing about it, and I fixed it :
put the alarm at 8am (I personally like to put at 8:08, or 9:09, you know why...), and don't touch it ever !
Now as soon as you hear the alarm, forget about the "10 minutes more", and wake up.
That will make you very tired and after few days, your biological clock will return to a normal time.

While doing this try to :
not sleep during the day, you can eventualy sleep 20 minutes after launch, but not more than that !
do sport regularly (no need to do extreme things, but running a bit, or even take a walk in a calm place, get some fresh air, etc...)
try to avoid staying in your bedroom. You need to link in your subconcious that the bedroom and bed is for sleep only (an maybe sex of course !). So for example avoid watching TV in your bed, or surfing internet with your laptop.
1 hours before going to sleep, try to calm yourself, by reading a book, magazine.
Do not rely on drugs to fall asleep.
during the Week end, do not oversleep, keep the alarm at 8am.

That should fix your insomnia.