external pattern change?? how to? tempo fade in live?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hgt

external pattern change?? how to? tempo fade in live?

Post by hgt » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:01 am

hi folks,
2 questions:

1. i want to sent a pattern change command via midi to my external groovebox(emu px7). should be the same with any external sequencer.
i have the px7 running in sync to ableton live and do my sequencing of hardware gear all from the px7. that is 16 tracks on the px7 sequencer and 12 tracks with soft plugs internally in live in total.
so i want to change those patterns im running there with one buttonhit from within live and cant get it to work.
when i tried via 'clip preset change' i fucked up my whole preset layout of my external machines and got no pattern change. should be really easy somehow???

2. i also want to do some tempo fading(i do so far just tempo changes from the scene triggerfield). any sugestions?

cheers,
george
gee hgt

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:04 am

Hi George. Welcome to the forums,

1. You have to tell us what midi message the px7 is expecting to do a pattern change. Read up on the midi specs. If it's a program change - you'd use the bank, sub-bank, program fields in the midi clip view. Usually takes a bit of experimenting to get it right, though.

2. Either make automation to the tempo track in arrange view or midi map a knob or fader to the tempo field.

Cake.

.m

hgt

mmhh didnt work yet

Post by hgt » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:55 pm

hi cake m.,
thanx for information. ill try that again.
proplem was that the programm change did what it usually does it changes the programm not the pattern. there is a sub menu in which to define certain programm change messages to specific pattern changes. did that also allready but still does just programm changes and no pattern changes.
another proplem is that after that operation my machine messed up all programms on all patterns. there is around 2500 rom programms in my px7(fully expanded with 4 romboards/20banks with 128 sounds each). so i ll never be able to recover all those nice patterns i have done. :x
maybe i overlooked some midifilter or sysex commands i suspect. gonna dig into that. any help highly apreciated.
cheerio
gee hgt