Bug fix update Live 7.0.12 is available!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fuzzyhead

Post by fuzzyhead » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:53 pm

This picture is up to date, the previous one is older (changed 3 times)

madhattared

Post by madhattared » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:10 am

where is the headphone jack?
Live 7 hackintosh 10.5.2 q6600 raptor 4gig x3d pk FW410 bcr2k xboard49 Ultrasone DJ1 BM5a

Chris J

Post by Chris J » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:24 pm

bugs in 0.12
you copy a section, if you do certain actions before pasting, like pressing stop to go back to zero , or click on a marker to go at a specific position, there's no pasting, it's gone from the RAM.

and the ever popular Midi Overdub doesn't work
Quad 6600 Intel, AsusP5Q, 2Gb ram, XP sp3, Evolution MK361c & UC33e, Line6 UX8

Hervé

Post by Hervé » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:50 pm

madhattared wrote:where is the headphone jack?
On your soundcard, it's a midi controller ! ;)

misteron

Post by misteron » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:03 pm

Chris J wrote:bugs in 0.12
you copy a section, if you do certain actions before pasting, like pressing stop to go back to zero , or click on a marker to go at a specific position, there's no pasting, it's gone from the RAM.

Anyone else getting these issues?
MBP 2.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, OSX 10.5.5, Live7Suite, Motu Ultralite Mk3, ADAM p11A

siddhu

Post by siddhu » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:13 pm

Chris J wrote:bugs in 0.12

Happened to me also.

[dfi]

Post by [dfi] » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:24 pm

Hi Misteron and Siddhu

We had this issue in the Bugs & Problems forum too. This is what my colleague Jörg said:
there´s nothing wrong with with Copy&Paste, it just functions as specified:
Before your can paste anything, the insert mark needs to be in focus.
If you click the Global Stop Button, the focus is on the transport, you can´t paste anything to the transport.
If you click a marker, you can see that the focus is not on the track anymore but on the marker.

Simply click into track display to place the insert mark, you´ll be able to paste anywhere. Nothing is lost in the RAM.

Best regards,
Jörg
If that is not what you experience, please let me know!

best,
dfi

Crash

Post by Crash » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:02 pm

[dfi] wrote:If that is not what you experience, please let me know!
That is not what I experience.

While Live is busy with Copy or Paste operation of memory intensive tracks the keyboard controls don't work anymore until some time after the operation is completed. That means you cannot use cursor-keys, del, space and neither ctrl-v (Paste on Windows).

The mouse on the other hand is still perfectly useable, including chosing Paste operations while the keys are still disabled (that is why I wrote "some time after").

I reported problems with that as early as last January but obviously no one at Ableton took a closer look at it since then.
HAL: I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

siddhu

Major Sync Problems in 7.012

Post by siddhu » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:20 pm

I've noted some really wild tempo fluctuations with Live in Slave mode with this release that did not happen in 7.010.

The slave computer was constantly jumping +/- about 2 BPM's when synching from a master.

Chain was Master > USB Midi Interface > Cable > USB Midi Interface > Slave

Both computers were running 7.012.

7.012 went absolutely crazy when midi synching over ethernet.

Tempos jumping to 800 BPM then dropping to 50. Basically it was as if it was generating/receiving totally random numbers for the BPM.

The transport controls displayed the same behavior.

Switching both machines back to 7.010 stabilised and solved the problems.

Normal USB midi chain works without any fluctuations, and the ethernet midi synch works.

Crash

Re: Major Sync Problems in 7.012

Post by Crash » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:36 pm

siddhu wrote:I've noted some really wild tempo fluctuations with Live in Slave mode with this release that did not happen in 7.010.
It may be hard to believe but that happens because .12 solved a bug with Live's Sync Slave behavior. Before .12 Live rounded incoming Sync Clock tempo roughly to full integer values and used that both for external plugins and it's own clip playback (at least with Warp enabled clips). It's good to have that bug removed, because it led to problems when the Master tempo shifted only slightly (ran at some non-integer tempo for a short time) and thus the Master and Slave could run out of Sync after some time.

The problem with .12 is that it's Sync Slave tempo calculation is so unbelieveably lousy that you can hardly use it anymore. Ableton knows about it and hopefully fixes it with the next update ASAP. Unfortunately they didn't care to publish that known flaw in their changelog or non-existant release notes. So you had to fall into that pit and climb out yourself only because there was no sign. Sorry.

The following screenshot demonstrates a comparison between Kore + Kontakt vs. Live + Kontakt running as Slaves from the very same Master Clock at supposely 333 bpm:

HAL: I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

didguitare

Post by didguitare » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:48 am

Merci,du coup j'ai parlé de cette info ici :
http://abletonlive.xooit.com/t410-Mise- ... 7-0-10.htm

Amicalement,Didier.

siddhu

Post by siddhu » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:09 am

Crash wrote:
siddhu wrote:I've noted some really wild tempo fluctuations with Live in Slave mode with this release that did not happen in 7.010.
It may be hard to believe but that happens because .12 solved a bug with Live's Sync Slave behavior. Before .12 Live rounded incoming Sync Clock tempo roughly to full integer values and used that both for external plugins and it's own clip playback (at least with Warp enabled clips). It's good to have that bug removed, because it led to problems when the Master tempo shifted only slightly (ran at some non-integer tempo for a short time) and thus the Master and Slave could run out of Sync after some time.

The problem with .12 is that it's Sync Slave tempo calculation is so unbelieveably lousy that you can hardly use it anymore. Ableton knows about it and hopefully fixes it with the next update ASAP. Unfortunately they didn't care to publish that known flaw in their changelog or non-existant release notes. So you had to fall into that pit and climb out yourself only because there was no sign. Sorry.

The following screenshot demonstrates a comparison between Kore + Kontakt vs. Live + Kontakt running as Slaves from the very same Master Clock at supposely 333 bpm:

Well this really needs to be sorted out because how can you play a gig as an "electronic band" using multiple computers if the tempo sync keeps fluctuating wildly!?

I mean Live is supposed to be a "live performance instrument" and should have industry leading tightness when it comes to sync.

ddr400

Post by ddr400 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:36 am

The slave computer was constantly jumping +/- about 2 BPM's when synching from a master.

Chain was Master > USB Midi Interface > Cable > USB Midi Interface > Slave

Both computers were running 7.012.

7.012 went absolutely crazy when midi synching over ethernet.

Tempos jumping to 800 BPM then dropping to 50. Basically it was as if it was generating/receiving totally random numbers for the BPM.

The transport controls displayed the same behavior.

Normal USB midi chain works without any fluctuations, and the ethernet midi synch works.
yes.
i got total desync with my machinedrum. Live as master.
back to 7.0.10

glockinpalm

Post by glockinpalm » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:18 pm

>>Under certain conditions an empty MIDI effect Rack could lead to audio drop-outs.

this sounds like it could be what was causing my proble i described here:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?t=102723

sweet...

beatnick

Post by beatnick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:44 pm

Bargh! The sync issue has totally rendered my live set unplayable!!!

I need to backtrack to 7.0.10 but ableton don't have previous version for download.

Any help???

Nick.