fruity loops + mau5 drama

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:54 pm

yeah, you're right about freesound stuff too. I actually never use loops from there, even though I advocated them, although some of the loops are claimed to be royalty free by the poster, so you could point the subpoena to them maybe.

Heck, Live has drum racks. Or at least Impulse. 3rd party vsts also exist. create your own fricking beetz.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:59 pm

Hahahaha, I just listened to both songs. I listened all the way through the Deadmau5 song to familiarize myself with it to see how easy it would be to pick out the loops in questions. Then I just went and hit play on the other dude's track that used the loop.

IT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING SONG

I read his post on the FL forum where he says it's the only loop he used. Holy shit, the fact that he would make an entire track out of a loop and call it his and release it is just retarded. Regardless whether or not somebody owns the right to the loop or not, what a sad, sad way of making music. I encourage everyone to listen to both songs and take a valuable lesson away from it.

redpunk

Post by redpunk » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:04 pm

Deadmau5 can suck up some warfarin and rot as far as I'm concerned and his music sucks mouse poo a$$.[/quote]

word!! hahaha this makes me lauch...
Intel E6850 DC, ASUS P5K Premium, 4GB Kingston HyperX,WIN XP64, Access Virus C, Motif ES+mLAN16E, Roland MV-8800+MV8-OP1, Roland TB-303, Korg MS2000R, Korg Karma MW, MOTU Micro-LITE, Yamaha i88x, Yamaha FS1r

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:18 pm

It's sad to say but 99% of dance music out there is copying somone elses style cause it's the in thing or whatever... not much originality left in the 4/4 world, although there is exceptions.

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:18 pm

sparklepuff wrote: IT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING SONG
........................missing the point............................

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:44 pm

I didn't miss the point, I just find this one more interesting.

m:o

Post by m:o » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:55 pm

jeskola wrote:... not much originality left in the 4/4 world, although there is exceptions.
to name just a few:

JamesDinA4
DB (Daniel Bemberger watch out on Background Rec.)
Portable (aka bodycode)
Villalobos
Boogzim (Fym S-Max)
Bruno Pronsato
STL

kickin' my ass for years - among others :-)

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:05 pm

Both songs are cool - ones more prop 8 than the other but still - not bad
Ableton | Elektron

Music

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:40 pm

they sound good if you had your cochlea removed.

lay down the bait and the traps and let the mau5's music die a terrible neck snapping death. ;)
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

last man on earth

Post by last man on earth » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:41 pm

djadonis206 wrote:ones more prop 8 than the other

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

that's lulzy

MrTiddles

Post by MrTiddles » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:13 am

leedsquietman wrote: Deadmau5 still sucks rat turds though IMHO. We also had a situation where his manager didn't want other DJs using Live recently if they were on the same set/bill.
This is a load of bollocks. It's a story that came from 1 of the forum members who won a competition and was given restrictions on how to play. Deadmau5 is an active member on this forum, he commented and as far as I know, he stepped in and sorted it. I'll be honest, I jumped on the mau5 hating band wagon, but after that (and other stuff) I've got a lot of respect for the guy.

Not only that, he's made it. We ain't (yet).
'Fear makes the wolf look bigger'
http://www.myspace.com/StevieVega
4Tunes: Quad Intel 2.66, Live 8, Lots of VSTs
4Mixing: Macbook Pro, Live 8, APC40, iPad

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:06 am

MrTiddles wrote:
leedsquietman wrote: Deadmau5 still sucks rat turds though IMHO. We also had a situation where his manager didn't want other DJs using Live recently if they were on the same set/bill.
This is a load of bollocks. It's a story that came from 1 of the forum members who won a competition and was given restrictions on how to play. Deadmau5 is an active member on this forum, he commented and as far as I know, he stepped in and sorted it. I'll be honest, I jumped on the mau5 hating band wagon, but after that (and other stuff) I've got a lot of respect for the guy.

Not only that, he's made it. We ain't (yet).
So what you're saying is that its easy for people rip this guy, since he's got the spotlight... you might be onto something!

Actually I agree... I still haven't heard his music, and don't plan on it anytime soon. I still think I'd do exactly the same thing he did in regards to the one who ripped his song. I'd sue to stop the guy from earning money off my stuff.

He sure is taking a beating in here... Well, at least he's balls enough to take a spotlight, regardless of consequences.

lola

Post by lola » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:23 am

I don't get it, why can't someone use these loops?

His music is destilated from trance and house and techno.

Maybe this deadmau5 guy must give at least some credits to all the pinoneers he destilated his music from...., better give jesse saunders , derrick may , kevin saunderson, franky knuckless some piece of the cake too.

Damn do all these new born dj's really forget where and who they stolen from?..

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:28 am

+1 exactly

not much originality except the silly costume.

I don't care if he is an active member, the music sucks. The fact he 'made it' is of no consequence to me as I have a job I love and music is secondary to that. It is also a sad indictment on the state of music that to make it means selling your soul to endless gimmicks and that counts above the music.

There are plenty of active members here who are less famous but who can write some ass kicking original music. I'm not one of them, but they do exist .... :D

yoshitosser

Post by yoshitosser » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:31 am

I have to say that all the hatin' on this forum made me into quite a big Kanye West Fan and it's now starting to have the same effect on my opinion of Deadmau5. Still can't bring myself to like Tiesto though.

BTW, I agree with you on one thing leedsquiteman, there may well be people on the forum who produce better tunes than Mau5 but you indeed are not one of them.