fruity loops + mau5 drama

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
yoshitosser

Post by yoshitosser » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:54 am

@ leeds

The music I make is pretty crappy really, but that's not the point, I never said it was good.

If Mau5 was on here dissing your music, I'd think he was a bit of a tosser as well. I guess our main difference is our interpretation of what is worth saying on an Internet forum. But as most of my posts here are pretty pointless, I guess I'd better shut up after this one.

And to the guy who said he has thrown away better songs than Faxing Berlin, then more fool you. Shoulda published them and made a name for yourself.

Reminds me of a friend who was well into contemporary art. I used to look at some famous stuff she liked and say "Jesus, I could have done that." Her reply was always "Yea, but you didn't, did you". And she was right.

smutek

Post by smutek » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:57 am

yoshitosser wrote:Reminds me of a friend who was well into contemporary art. I used to look at some famous stuff she liked and say "Jesus, I could have done that." Her reply was always "Yea, but you didn't, did you". And she was right.
8)

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:01 am

Peace.

I might like your music better than you like it yourself.

If you read what I said earlier, I wasn't really hating, just having some fun. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I never claimed my music was hot shit. One thing I would say is that I have been engineering and producing music for 22 years, so I am confident that I have some recording and engineering skills, but that doesn't mean I make good music.

I'm happy enough with my lot and not jealous of Dm5 at all, I just don't like his music much. Nuff said. If people could be bothered to debate my music as shit, I would think my stock had gone up in the world ... :wink:
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:01 am

djadonis206 wrote:Both songs are cool - ones more prop 8 than the other but still - not bad
Bahahahahha good lord I'm totally stealing that expression from you. :D :D
(and not paying royalties)

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:36 am

last man on earth wrote:
djadonis206 wrote:ones more prop 8 than the other

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

that's lulzy

+1 Would LOL again. A++

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:36 am

funky shit wrote:he just added in additional synths
And pretty badly...

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:50 pm

fwiw, an opinion on the whole 'loops included' thing--

If you buy a CD of loops, the license will indicate that you can't include any of those in a collection of loops. That makes perfect sense, you can't take someone else's 'artifact' created for a particular use and then repackage it as your own 'artifact' for that same use that essentially competes with the collection you took it from.

I don't think the issue is including one of those types of loops in a song, particularly if it is in a directory indicating it is a royalty free loop, and yeh imageline or whoever else includes such things for use in their products should realize that they will be used that way, but it is also pretty clear which are "demo songs" which they disallow re-use of and anyone providing those demo songs should clearly indicate that.

The issue is later including it in a collection of loops as if it was one of your own.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:23 am

LOL, I just read through this post. What a mess Image Line got themselves into.

Royalty Free loops are there for everyone to use in their productions (unless otherwise stated, but then they are not royalty free), not matter who used them first in a hit. If Deadmau5 gave his loops away, then people have the right to create whatever they want with those loops. Maybe creating an exact replica is wrong on moral grounds, but if you gave all the sounds away for people to use, without restrictions, then I don't think there is any legal issue. I believe that:

1. Deadmau5 or his management are wrong for suing the guy who made the "copy" tune. They should be suing Imageline if they have issue with the use of the loops.

2. Imagline should admit their error and settle the matter with Deadmau5 and his management.

I also wonder...did Deadmau5 come up with this loop by himself, or did he have access to the pre-release fruity loops library? In a few interviews I read, he mentions testing and using beta and pre-release software for his productions. Just a thought.