Reaktor and Novation Nocturn

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
steved

Reaktor and Novation Nocturn

Post by steved » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:36 pm

I've been having some fun with the Nocturn ... but have had some issues with some Reaktor ensembles. The most useful way to programme the Nocturn with Reaktor seems to be the ID numbers - P0149 etc for each control. However - with some ensembles e.g. Vierring - selecting the id number from the list doesn't work :( - this seems to be the same for some of the user created ensembles too.

Any suggestions ?
Last edited by steved on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nocturn early adopter ....

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Sure. Make sure that automation's enabled for what you're controlling (there's a box for enabling/disabling next to the ID number) and also that the max ID for the instrument's at least one higher than the max ID in use (instrument properties).

ew

steved

Post by steved » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Thanks ... I'll give that a go :D

steved

Post by steved » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:19 pm

Managed to make a little progress with Vierring - have assigned a couple of rotary controls - but the Nocturn is not behaving as it has for all other ensembles. The automap universal window still says that the 'control is not assigned' - even though it is controlling Vierring on screen . There is also no feedback in the automap window - showing the state of the Vierring control.

steved

Missing id numbers in automap list

Post by steved » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:43 pm

Some controls appear in the list in automap - but their id numbers start from P0228 and upwards ( in other ensembles the list always starts from P0001 )

If I want to assign the four Level controls, for example ( P0088, 0089, 0090, 0091 ) - these don't appear in the drop down list in automap - so I'm a bit stuck.

Any suggestions ?

ollybsides

Post by ollybsides » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:14 pm

when you load a new reaktor ensemble, go to the automap server and 'rebuild control map'. now automap server will rescan the parameters and give you the correct name.

steved

Post by steved » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:29 pm

Thanks - but I've tried that. It works with other ensembles - just not with Vierring.
Rebuilding gives you the parameters with id no's - P0001, p0002, p0003 ... and then it jumps to P0231, P0232 etc. Where are the missing parameters ? It seems very strange - because you can use midi learn to assign them - you just can't use Automap ...

I appreciate it seems like I'm being a bit pedantic - but I'm just puzzled as Nocturn / Reaktor has worked well so far - and I would like to get some control over Vierring.

Ah well .... there are more important things in life ...

... ( but if anyone else has any suggestions or has actually managed to map Vierring successfully - then let me know :D )