Whats your favourite 3rd party masher/chopper/glitcher?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:34 pm

Check out Liveslice and Ugo Disturbance.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:13 pm

monstrejumo wrote:
I pass my signals thru those fx chains, record the mess out, and chop / cut /slice / rearrange the pieces until it sounds good...

but for beat juggling, riddim collisions and concatenations... the best is out of LIVE (arrangement to session to arrangement thru Fx to session to arrangement...)

I don't like RANDOMNESS, just for generating good ideas that I can then FREEZE and keep with me ;)

cheers
Thanks everyone for t'info.

monstrej. Thanks Man!

I needed to hear that, tbh, I am then just being lazy. I need to put more effort into repeating the rinse through the effects and rendering the results.session to arrange to session to arrange etc. as you say. great!

best piece of info on the thread, for me anyways.

Thanks man.

Do you do all that in a seperate set and then save them as clips to use in your new set when producing or do you do it on the fly inside the set in which you are already building your new track?

actually, just answered my own question really...I see a new template coming in which I can set up all sorts of racks and effects to feed stuff through and then render into clips.

NICE! thats my weekend sorted! :D

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:32 pm

I was the lazy you once upon a time, not so far away by the way ;)

I was happy to discover those plugs, thought I'm aphex twin !!

But soon I noticed all this was fake and random, not my own work. (i'm a bit too proud to use afextwin.vst, or sample the good beats of others)

I'm just entering this new era for me, that is to say DIY, tweak the hell out of the soft, decimate your song, melodies, beats, and save the gold gems that drop by doing that mess !

I'm workin on my first song using this slow and fastidious process, but wohaaa !!! is that fuckin me??? the result is so great you did'nt loose anytime tweaking around.

happy my advice helps, because it is not mine, and I would be such an asshole to keep it "secret" ;)

have some good time messing and resampling around, dude !!

cheers

SubQ

Post by SubQ » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:36 pm

BeatLookUp. Chris List's ultimate sample mangler. If I want to get a bit more hands on, I might use the L3 machine.

Do you use Beat lookup on the master channel? I tought you´d have to load every track into reaktor, wich is a no go for Live situations...

and btw, what´s L3 machine?

chrrz
http://soundcloud.com/coelho
Dave Smith Prophet 08 SE, Genelecs, RME Multiface, Faderfoxes, Doepfer Drehbank, Padkontrol, DIY Footcontroller, Electro Harmonix Pedals.

kraze

Post by kraze » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:27 am

A few guys mailed me and asked me if i could share some info on good Reaktor ensembles and how to used them so i wrote a pretty lengthy tutorial, just pm me if you want it.

It's geared towards people who aren't really fully into Reaktor yet but really wants to but have problems balancing the songwriting and technical aspects.