Kore Users

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:48 pm

rbro wrote:Is anyone using Kore as their main go-to plugin for a their other plugins? Do you use it instead of opening everything else now? I'm tempted to just go in there and import all my Omnisphere and other presets, but it seems like so much work to go through and tag everything so it's searchable. Also, if I get Komplete later and install it, will Kore automatically recognize all the presets as Koresounds or do I need to import them?
That's exactly what I do. I don't open plugs on their own anymore. My default Live template has 2 Kore's loaded, one for synths, one for drums. I build up from there. It's fantastic. And then if I have a need for some more specific tweaking in Logic, I simply open up the Kore performance and BOOYAH everything is there. Brilliant.

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:49 pm

rbro wrote:Is anyone using Kore as their main go-to plugin for a their other plugins? Do you use it instead of opening everything else now? I'm tempted to just go in there and import all my Omnisphere and other presets, but it seems like so much work to go through and tag everything so it's searchable.
Kore's usually what I'll open, and then load everything into that. However, I don't categorize my presets or import for the most part; I make template pages for my instruments with my controllers assigned the way I want them. I load up the template, and then load the patch I want from the plugin itself.
Also, if I get Komplete later and install it, will Kore automatically recognize all the presets as Koresounds or do I need to import them?
There's a Komplete .ksd installer on the updates page of the NI site that has all the Komplete instruments' patches as .ksds

ew

rbro

Post by rbro » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:59 pm

Is there a way to batch tag imported presets after the fact? I imported some 3rd party synths and didn't really tag them properly. Is there a way to collect them all through a search or something and then select them and tag them?

occular

Post by occular » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:58 pm

thanks a lot guys, I would check it definitively !
Neuronal Impulse->Sound Processing->Live Performance->Music

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:16 pm

rbro wrote:Is there a way to batch tag imported presets after the fact? I imported some 3rd party synths and didn't really tag them properly. Is there a way to collect them all through a search or something and then select them and tag them?
you can easily find them all by just typing the plug-in name in the search field. As for tagging them all at once, not sure, you could highlight them all and try adding attributes.
Professional Shark Jumper.

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:31 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
rbro wrote:Is there a way to batch tag imported presets after the fact? I imported some 3rd party synths and didn't really tag them properly. Is there a way to collect them all through a search or something and then select them and tag them?
you can easily find them all by just typing the plug-in name in the search field. As for tagging them all at once, not sure, you could highlight them all and try adding attributes.
Yep- that will work.

ew